New Here — Tinnitus Spiked Along with Feeling of Plugged or Fullness in the Ears

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Greeott, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Greeott

Greeott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 +
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hello everyone. I have had tinnitus for many many years. Some times I can ignore it, but other times it is difficult to ignore. Right now my tinnitus has spiked along with the feeling of plugged or fullness in the ears.

Silence is something I will never experience again. Seems in the wintertime I get more spikes in loudness then in summer.

I cannot sleep unless I have a sound machine on all night, but usually even still then my old friend tinnitus is above that. How do you all handle the extra loud spikes in your tinnitus?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What has been the cause of this spike?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Greeott

Greeott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 +
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Actually no idea, unless stress can cause it. No loud noises but i do clench my teeth at night.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You might have TMJ. @threefirefour fixed his TMJ, and his tinnitus was gone.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Kell

Kell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      front row indoor concert-in front of speaker
      I too feel there is a relationship between a fullness/tiny swelling inside my ears and my tinnitus. Don't know if it's environmental, food/allergy/ sensitivity -- or what, but I feel it's related.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Kell

Kell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      front row indoor concert-in front of speaker
      The only thing I can do when it's loud is to try and not focus on it. Watch tv, read something interesting, and not read about it.