New Here and Hoping for It to Be Temporary But Probably Not...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sweetiepiestef, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Hi all :)

I am brand new here and have only been dealing with Tinnitus for a week now so I really feel for you that have been dealing with this for years! I have had bouts of it before for a day here or there but recently it seems it might be permanent.

Now mind you I get really bad ear wax and have tiny ear canals so it constantly gets impacted and has to be suctioned out every 6-9 months.

I just had them suctioned out yesterday so I was hoping the squealing would be gone this morning but no such luck. It is quieter today it seems but I did also sleep 12 hours after not sleeping so well for two days. I have also been really stressed out this week due to a number of issues so that may also be increasing this but who knows.

I am guessing I am here to stay so I figured I would say hello! Hope you all have a great 4th of July! Hopefully these fireworks wont hurt your ears more.

Thank you,

Stef.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Sweetiepiestef
      Welcome to the forum.
      Have you been listening to music through headphones or attending places where loud is played. These two activities are the most common cause of tinnitus. Please click on the link below and read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View. You might find it helpful.

Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Welcome to the forum :)

Your tinnitus is fairly new, just to your best to protect your ears and avoid loud places...

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      Your post is EXCELLENT ! The helpful information you supplied and all you carefully explained, illustrates the amount of thought and effort you put into it. It is greatly appreciated and also... your desire and willingness to help those in need is highly commendable.

Best wishes,
      Barbara

5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you for your kind comments Barbara they are much appreciated.
      Take care
      Michael

6. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Dear @Sweetiepiestef welcome,

My first advise, keep trying to figure out the origin of your T, maybe it could be something physical that can be corrected. In the first weeks there is a great chance of T to go away.

But certainly, once T become chronic (after 6 months or so) it can be something permanent. Don't worry, MOST of T sufferers get habituated and live a "common" life, just a background noise that you are not aware of most of the time.

Welcome again,
      Your friend,
      Johnny.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Thanks everyone! I am home now and it is mad again. Will try to remain calm. These headaches are the worst!

8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You have received excellent advice from Michael and others already. I will only add that new tinnitus ringing is known to be unpredictable. So be mentally prepared for the ups and downs. Spikes are often. Actually take it as a positive when T has its down days. The less we fret about T the less it can affect us intrusively. But of course the ability to remain calm and positive will grow with time as the body will be getting more and more used to or hardened to this T sensation. Try take some natural stuffs for calming the nerves and help sleep, such as Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, etc. You can do google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /