New Here, Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DCousins, Sep 7, 2017.

1. DCousins

DCousins Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly Sinus
      Sup peeps, hope ya'll having a good day. Here to introduce myself as well as ask for some questions and some clarity on whats going on (please honest answers, I dont want false hope of it fading away to delay my chances of habituating)

So truth is I was a lurker here like 5 months ago after going to a very loud formal. First time I ever had prolonged ear ringing for more than a couple hours. Thankfully it dissipated after 3 or 4 rough nights.

Of course now aware of tinnitus I was alot more careful with my ears cause I did not want to deal with it ever again but here I am.

About 2 nights ago I experienced the ringing in the ears once again. Im not entirely sure why it came back but it definitely was not noise related (which I assumed was the only way of getting it bare some crazy low percentage other things)

I was 2 days into fighting a sinus infection taking a macrilide antibiotic, feeling better but not 100% right now, was not sleeping in flat posture (i was on the couch trying to fall asleep when this occured) and I took an advil for a sinus induced migraine about 30 or so minutes before the ringing began.

I also have crackling in the jaws thats been around for months now in case thats important.

Not asking for a diagnosis, ive talked too a doctor that just told me to wait, she did see mild inflammation in my ears.

Just not really sure if im being over anxious and this is the temporary kind (havent seen many advil or sinus induced tinnitus people here) or if I need to get real and start habituating.

The sound I hear is a low eeeeee sound that is well masked by most things but apparent when focused on or in dead silence.

Edit: One more piece of info in cass that helps anyone decipher a cause. I only have it on my left ear, I do also beleive that it was the same ear as my first bout with it

Cheers!

2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @DCousins
      Welcome to TT.
      It's really hard to know why your tinnitus came back, but maybe it is due to the infection and inflammation.
      You've done the right thing by avoiding loud noise, so unfortunately you will just have to wait it out.
      I would suggest using sound enrichment if the tinnitus is really bothering you in silence.... it sounds mild though, so you will probably habituate easily if you have to.

• Agree Agree x 1