New Here, Still Looking

Discussion in 'Support' started by JayLinn, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JayLinn
      Irritated

JayLinn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Had pulsatile tinnitus since April, 2012 in the right ear. I have been through ENTs, TMJ doctors numerous times. I am older so I even got dentures thinking it was my "bite". Thought it might be bad jaw joint, night guard didn't help. Stopped lisinopril for 3 days and first time in five years, the sound stopped. I have high blood pressure so I went on other bp meds and it has resumed the incessant loud grinding, beating noise in right ear. I had a neck ache and terrible headaches on the right side. I am going to check with doctor concerning the carotid artery.

I recently read pulsatile tinnitus is a blood flow disturbance and sometimes arteries or veins are the culprits being too close to the hearing canal. I ponder suicide but I have my kitties (I am retired) and family. So I will continue my quest. Whooshers.com provides what has cured other sufferers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mark Arnold

Mark Arnold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsatile Tinnitus since April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think starting to take blood pressure medication
      I have had OT since April 2015. It has negatively changed my life and I am doing the best I can to live with it. I am 62 and retired. I have had MRI's, MRA's, MRV's, carotid artery ultrasounds, CT' scans, hearing tests,/etc. I have been to three neurologists, two ENT's, a vascular surgeon, an audiologist/etc. I bought a three thousand dollar hearing aid masker. Nothing has worked. It started after PT started after taking Lisinopril for blood pressure. I take melatonin,zzquil and Gabapentin to sleep with a box fan in high all night.

3. Pat W.

Pat W. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 1, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pusatile - plane landing
      I also feel that I am at the end of my journey.....the whooshing/pulsing is so bad today. It it there 24/7 but changes in tone. Some days are bearable and other not. I have tried acupuncture, white vinegar&alcohol...which I do not advise.....pretty much you name it. I have had MRA,MRI,CT with contrast....Carotid sonogram......Reki, and the list goes on. Yes, I hear my heartbeat in my right ear all the time and I need some advice on what my next step should be. My ENT cannot help so he sent me to U of Md. and Johns Hopkins......nothing!