New here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sherri786, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello I'm new here. I got tinnitus suddenly three weeks back, due to exhaustion, stress and aspirin overdose, I had been taking extra strength aspirin every night for my platelet problems. It has been very hard to cope with
      Tinnitus. After reading a lot of information online , I began putting one drop of hydrogen peroxide (3% strength )
      In both ears four times a day, also rubbing castor oil all around my ears as many times a day, am taking Gingko Biloba pills, zinc and vitamin B complex. Beside this, I eat pineapple all day long.since last 2 days I felt the tinnitus volume has gone down quite a bit. Writing in the hope that this may help others too. I'll keep you updated on any progress. Love and light to you all. Xoxox

2. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi and welcome Sherri!

Can you explain why the castor oil and the hydrogen peroxide?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you Calin, Hydrogen Peroxide is the strongest oxidizer. Most of the common ailments affecting us is due to oxygen starvation, hydrogen peroxide increases oxygen at the cellular level and castor oil ,because I'm a great believer in the healing methods followed by Edgar Cayce , who was a great believer in the health benefits of castor oil.

4. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Ohhhhh! OK!

I think I did read that Edgar Cayce had a tinnitus cure.

5. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Sherri, this is what I found on Cayce's recommendations:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/prtinn3a.html
      TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
      Conceptually, the Cayce approach to tinnitus focuses on assisting the body in healing itself by the application of a variety of therapies intended to address the underlying causes of the condition. The mental and spiritual aspects of healing are emphasized from the standpoint of working with a spiritual ideal.
      Here are some general therapeutic recommendations intended to address the underlying causes of tinnitus:
      1. MANUAL THERAPY (SPINAL MANIPULATION): Cayce often recommended spinal manipulations to correct specific problems which may be a primary cause of tinnitus. The upper spine, in particular, should be evaluated for abnormalities. It is difficult to obtain the osteopathic adjustments specified by Cayce. However, a chiropractor may be of help. The frequency of the adjustments will depend on the recommendations of the individual chiropractor or osteopath. The use of an electric vibrator may also be helpful for individuals unable to obtain regular spinal adjustments.
      2. EXERCISE: A simple "head and neck exercise" is suggested to assist with relaxing neck muscles, improve nerve functioning and circulation to the ears.
      3. ELECTROTHERAPY: Regular use of the violet ray appliance to stimulate nerve functioning and circulation is recommended.
      4. LOCAL CLEANSING: If the ear(s) is prone to accumulations or discharges, daily cleansing with a mild solution such as warm water containing salt and soda may be helpful.
      5. INTERNAL CLEANSING: Because tinnitus was often linked with poor eliminations, hydrotherapy is recommended to improve eliminations through the colon. Hydrotherapy includes drinking six to eight glasses of pure water daily and obtaining colonic irrigations to cleanse the bowel. Following the diet should also assist with internal cleansing. Hot castor oil packs applied over the abdomen are recommended to improve circulation (especially lymphatic) and eliminations through the alimentary canal.
      6. DIET: The Basic Cayce Diet is intended to improve assimilation and elimination. The diet focuses heavily on keeping a proper alkaline/acid balance while avoiding foods which produce toxicity and drain the system. Essentially, the diet consists mainly of fruits and vegetables while avoiding fried foods and refined carbohydrates ("junk food"). Certain food combinations are emphasized.
      7. ATTITUDES AND EMOTIONS: The mental and spiritual aspects of healing are frequently discussed in the Cayce readings. Particularly, an attitude of desiring and expecting to be healed is important. A positive mental and emotional attitude and can be created and maintained by focusing on a high purpose (spiritual ideal) for being healed.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you so much Cayce ! Sometimes it's bit difficult for me to understand Edgar Cayce's methods , but he was sooo truly amazing, love him ! Thank you so much, appreciate you posting this. Take care !

7. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hi Sherri, I too am about three weeks into T. I hope your doing ok. Today was not so good for me. If you find something that helps, please post it. I reading what you write. I'm buying pineapple next time at the store, just got some blueberries. Peace.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello James, sorry to hear about your tinnitus. Last 2 days I was going for half an hour walks, I noticed that about 15 minutes after the walk,
      The volume would decrease quite a bit, but would be back after 6/7 hours. Tomorrow I'm planning on walking at least for an hour.will keep you updated. From tonight I've decided to start putting 3/4 drops of castor oil into the ears instead of just rubbing it around the outside, and then warm the ears with a hot water bottle. Will stop hydrogen peroxide for a while, been almost 3 weeks.
      Arghhh it's 1 am and I can't sleep, sigh.

9. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      This is not true, there is NO cure for Tinnitus.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Don't know about curing, just trying to reduce the volume a bit !

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013

12. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      I apologize I didn't mean to sound so callous, yes, there might not be a total cure for T but if you try things and helps lower the volume, then I say it is worth the while. Keep us updated of your progress...

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      No worries Petloy, thanks . The four drops of castor oil did help with the volume reduction, after putting in the oil
      I kept a hot water bottle over the ears for about 5 minutes or so.

14. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Sherri, found this and posted. I didn't remember you already spoke about this. However, there are mixed remedies for Cayce. I think.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/edgar-cayces-advice-for-tinnitus.357/#post-12245
      http://www.subconsciousascension.com/userfiles/file/CastorOilRemedies.pdf
      This link has numerous Edgar Cayce remedies using castor oil. Here is one for tinnitus.
      Castor oil:
      Tinnitus: Swallow 6 - 8 drops of castor oil each day for 4 weeks.

If you swallow the 6-8 drops per day, and you find relief, then I will try! haha

15. Lord of the Ring
      Cheeky

Lord of the Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I second that

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I have been putting organic castor oil drops in my ears, and today I drank few drops of food grade hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water, T volume is very down !

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I wouldn't mind drinking it either lol ! But for now I think hydrogen peroxide has really helped, lets see !

18. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sherri,

Merry Meet!

Thanks for your post on the peroxide and castor oil. I will certainly try them. I have been suffering with tinnitus for about a year now. So far, it has not affected my life in any adverse way except to nearly make me insane that I cannot get a moment of silence. As an avid meditator and caster, you can imagine that it affects my focus to have the constant noise in my ear. I have noticed that even just rubbing my ear externally sometimes makes my tinnitus feel better. I have heard people say that you don't feel anything with tinnitus. Just the noise. But, I have pressure as well most of the time. The noise therapy didn't work very well for me. I already went to sleep each night to the sound of the ocean, and my tinnitus superseded that in the first week. I'm going to try the castor oil for sure. I'll keep you guys posted.

Light and Love,

Blessed Be!

Roan

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Ron

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to hear about your T, yes I used to meditate but with the T I cant :( It's been very depressing to say the least. Well I was reading up more about Food Grade Hydrogen peroxide and I came across an article which said you must not take Hydrogen Peroxide if you are taking Vitamin C and some other Vitamins, this is a huge problem for me as I do need to take my vitamins too I did a week of Cranial Sacro therapy and a week of Acupuncture, no change other than me relaxing during the treatment and dozing off lol. A very helpful pharmacist recommended Lipo-Flavonoid, I stopped all other Vitamins and treatments and am just going to take this for the next 6 months 2 pills,3 times a day after meals, today's my third day and the T volume level is considerably better. What caused your T, Roan ? thank you once again, take care of yourself. Love and light, god bless.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      And yes am also continuing with the Castor Oil drops, every night.

21. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sherri,

What caused my tinnitus is a VERY good question, indeed! You know, I have absolutely no idea. It is my habitual pleasure to wake every Saturday morning early, before dogs and kids and husband, make my coffee, tie back my curtains to let the morning sunlight in (open my windows if the air is cool enough outside), get my journal and my favorite ink pen, sit in my favorite chair, sip my delicious cup of coffee from my favorite coffee cup (light blue that reads, "Live well," and "The Universe Knows" (sincerely enjoying the warmth in my hands around the cup). I relish the silence, and the tableau of life that scrolls through my mind freely in those moments. When I feel I am at my higher self, away from the monotony that drones on in my head daily, I write. It's quite wonderful.

On one such Saturday, full of anticipation of the journey to the word, same pattern repeated, I sat, inhaled the aroma of my coffee, relished in the warmth in my hands, closed my eyes to watch the picture show there.....

And, roaring. Like an ocean storm. Constant roaring.

Over the next week it became ringing occasionally, roaring constantly. Then ringing more often, and roaring constantly. Then ringing all the time, and roaring all the time, worse in the mornings than in the evenings.

Nine months later, I woke up one Saturday, and it was gone.

Three weeks after that, it was back.

Now it is sometimes louder, sometimes quieter. Yesterday, for example, nearly unbearable. Today, nearly inaudible.

Go with a light heart, and happy expectations!

Roan

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Dear Roan

Thank ypu so much for the message. Awwww have you given up on coffee now ? I have given up my one cup of morning tea . Oh gosh don't you miss the pre T days ? Wasn't life just beautiful, sigh. Yesterday was so good for me today bad again :( and I'm travelling too, so no peace and can't even enjoy the travel. Will write again in detail in two days. Keep in touch ! And take care of yourself. Hope ypu have more good days wi the T ! Love, light and healing xoxo

23. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No. Still doing the coffee. I only have one cup a day anyway. I have a caffeine sensitivity, apparently. Heart palpitations if I go over the one cup. Since I have such a busy life (three kids, four dogs, one man, full-time job and full-time school), I do think maybe stress management will help the tinnitus, along with nutritional help.

I am really just so amazed that there is so very little known about tinnitus, and yet it affects so many. I mean, 1 in 5 people is a pretty large population!

24. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:

Sherri,

Another good book for the acid/alkaline balance is Tired of Being Tired. Same principal, methinks.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you Roan, appreciate that.

Are you trying a gluten free diet ? Ok today I'm really and truly fed up :( volume spiked for no reason. I'm not taking any vitamins
      Today and then on an empty stomach I'm going to drink few drops of food grade hydrogen peroxide, last time I got very nauseous
      Then I read somewhere not to eat anything for half an hour before and after taking the peroxide then I won't be nauseous. I'll try that tonight and then update you. Thank you, Roan xox

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Roan how are you, drank 1 ounce of Food grade Peroxide mixed with 11 ounces of water, nausea, threw up like crazy, back to lipo-flavonoids !

27. Paul D
      Balanced

Paul D Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2010
      RE: Edgar Cayce rememdies cited above. Sorry if this sounds a bit glib, but what I read into it is "try anything and everything and maybe something will work for your particular case." Spinal manipulations, particularly on the neck? Been there done that; on and off for years through treatment for back problems - actually a contributor to T in my case, I'm sure. Careful with the neck! Exercise? Diet? Yes, attention to general health plus respiratory and muscular function does help. Cleansing? Again, I'm sure detoxifying can't hurt. Attitudes and emotion? This, along with stress reduction has proven the only consistent solution for me that offers any real benefit. At this stage of the game, it seems to me the average T sufferer will get more benefit exploring a forum like this one than latching on to another scientific Treatment Options publication or reports.

28. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:

I think there is a connection between the overworked adrenal gland (this constant fight or flight mode we exist in these days) and tinnitus. I am continuing the research, both on the internet and in books, to get a grasp on the concept, and then I will begin an adrenal repair program. I don't expect it to be easy. I fill my life up to the brim with both duties and responsibilities and a good amount of play. But, I do believe that if we can calm the central nervous system, calm the adrenal gland, we can possibly cure tinnitus. I think that we miss the mark by focusing on the Eustachian tube and the inner ear. I am of the opinion that, even though those areas are affected, they are not the etiology of the problem.

Just a thought.

Anyone else?

29. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Roan,
      I agree with you about the connection with adrenals and tinnitus. My tinnitus (which I had for many years, and was quite mild) got worse after I took blood pressure medicine for the first time. That was in 2010, and I experienced a lot of other bad symptoms around that same time.

Finally, I was referred to a lovely doctor who believes in natural cures. She tested me (saliva test) for adrenal fatigue back in 2011, and my tests came back positive. Adrenal fatigue is a tough thing to fight in itself, and I have tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus as well!

I am feeling much better, adrenal-wise, and my tinnitus has improved, as well! I really believe that these things were somehow all connected. The central nervous system definitely plays a role in these processes, and when it goes out of whack, imbalances are created. Thanks for bringing up this topic!

30. Lord of the Ring
      Cheeky

Lord of the Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Don't let that become your mantra, lassie. Life is beautiful before tinnitus and during tinnitus and nobody knows how it is after tinnitus. Probably very scary and silent :)