New Low Pulse from Being Upside Down!

Discussion in 'Support' started by MusicTeacher, Mar 28, 2020.

1. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rehearsals/Meds
      So - I was stretching my neck out by laying on my head and dropping my head down towards the floor. While doing it I noticed my normal sounds disappeared but a new low pulse took over. I thought it was a ceiling fan left on downstairs - but no, I woke up to that same sound a few hours later. It seems to be fading, but seriously?

Is this normal? Is it another sound I get to look forward to in the future? Just a blood to the head thing while having tinnitus. This is just crazy. Guess I’ll stretch with my head... up.

Tom

2. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      It's also cerebrospinal fluid. It's not "just blood". When the amount of CSF in your head increases (and it does if you bend over or if you are upside down obviously) your intracranial pressure increases as well. When your ICP increases, the pressure on your membranes between your middle and inner ear increases as well. Basically avoid everything what would possibly lead to increase in your ICP and put any strain on your membranes (bending over, excessive straining, sudden changes of barometric pressure).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rehearsals/Meds
      @Backpacker thanks for your response. So, would it make sense that I would hear my tinnitus differently at different altitudes? After a flight? Would moderate weight training be an issue?

4. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Weightlifting and plunks were already issues for some other people here. I don't know. Just don't risk anything you don't have to.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Whenever a new sound appears, or when you have a spike, remind yourself to wait for three months before getting concerned/worried. The vast majority of spikes and new sounds fade withing the first 2-3 months.
      A very encouraging sign!
      Did your normal sounds replace that new sound, or are they gone now and you are left with a fading new sound?
      You might consider not doing that motion for the next month. Try it again later on but if you get any signals from your body that it isn't ok to do that, you might consider to never do it again.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rehearsals/Meds
      @Bill Bauer once I stood back up, the “normal” sounds came back and the new sound started to fade. I could hear it faintly when I woke this morning. Very very low- kind of like a slow fan.
      The sounds I can hear all the time-one in the right and one on the left. Both like hiss that has pitch... but no pure tone. Kind of feels like each one dances between ears sometimes. Not really sure.