New Noise? Is There a Correlation Between the Noise(s) We Hear and Its Onset?

Discussion in 'Support' started by DebInAustralia, Dec 1, 2014.

1. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      So, the central shhhhhhh and peripheral hisssssss has been with me for a little over a year...

For months now, I have been intermittently bothered by a noise that resembles a far away car idling...Not loud enough to generally hear when Im not in the quiet..

But...the last few weeks, I have noticed it increasingly so...and decided it isn't a car...its another noise.....

Along with the noise, I feel a very faint vibration, which catches my attention. Now, I am back to focusing, monitoring, feeling anxious about it; and hoping it doesn't get worse.

My question is: is there a correlation between the noise/s we hear and its onset? I did read that a low humming sound can be of vascular origin on the mayo site. I have experienced the delights of whooshing and PT intermittently; depending on the position of my damn head. (I am going to seek out the opinion of my dr, but just wondered what you all think about this)

thanks

deb

2. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      i had low humming come and go for years. No answers as to why. Possible hydrops,
      They don't know for sure.
      Good luck, I hope it clears.

3. beemovie

beemovie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      It would match your pulse if it was blood flow. I have it and it 100% matches.

4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I have drone from the very beginning, hissing and ringing started few weeks ago.
      Go figure:(

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      thanks guys....

so .. still unanswered questions......

is there a correlation between the onset of our t and the sound/s we hear?

6. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      @DebInAustralia
      Most of us have different sounds from onset. There is no correlation but some believe very high T is caused by drugs, but many don't have that correlation.
      My onset was a high pitch 8k tone. Pretty steady. I have hearing loss in that area as well as others but that's what started. Now I have hissing and fluctuations in pitch.
      Many peoples T changes over time. No reason known but drugs can alter sound as well.
      Why do you ask that?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      What do you base your statement on regarding the correlation between certain sounds and cause of onset?
      My question more specifically is 'have there been any studies done to suggest the above?'

My most intrusive t matches my hearing loss frequency.
      However, this other tone I have noticed does not...so how would this be explained?