New & Scared — Think I Might Have Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Madison13, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Madison13
      Scared

Madison13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am new to this forum....

I am undiagnosed but I believe I have pulsatile tinnitus. So far I have just seen a walk-in dr. who told me I have a middle ear infection.

I was hopeful he was right, but after 5 days of oral antibiotics and ear drops, nothing has changed. Mine gets worse when I bend over, sit down, lay down or turn certain ways. It is present in the left ear only. When I turn my head to the left, it stops. When I hold my breath, it stops. When I press down on my neck on left side, it stops.

I am fearful, because all of the research I do and videos I watch tell me that this will be a long, testing journey. It's frightening that doctors do not know a ton about this. It's frightening that there is probably an underlying medical cause.

I have an appointment with my GP in 5 days, which seems like a lifetime away. Any ideas what I should mention to get this process sped up? This is torture.

Help.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Tinnitus can take weeks to resolve after a middle ear infection clears. It's a bit premature to worry: your infection may not even have subsided yet.