New to Bupropion XL (for Depression and ADHD) — I Already Had Tinnitus Prior

Discussion in 'Support' started by JLong, Aug 27, 2020.

1. JLong
      Haunting

JLong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi everyone.

I've been struggling with acoustic trauma induced tinnitus now for almost 3 years and I'm at a point where it's pretty livable for me. My doctor prescribed Bupropion XL tablets at 150 mg for my ADHD and depression symptoms. I'm looking into side effects and one would be ringing in the ears. Difference sources say this is a common/rare side effect.

I'm not looking to chance it getting any worse. I'm on day 3 of taking the pills and while I don't notice any increase yet I was wondering if people could share their experiences when their Bupropion induced tinnitus started and even better if they had tinnitus before going on these meds.

I may have to ask my doctor to find something that's not ototoxic.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JLong
      Haunting

JLong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      just a bump

3. T_Almost_Gone
      Mellow

T_Almost_Gone Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bupropion nalextrone
      Hello. Use the search bar in the top right of the page and search for Bupropion. My ringing started after 1 month on Bupropion. In my opinion I wouldn't risk it.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JLong
      Haunting

JLong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've checked out the posts I could find in here but I was searching for something more specific I guess. I know it's a hard ask since everyone is different. Thank you for letting me know about your experience!

• Like Like x 1