New to the Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Randi, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Randi
      Frustrated

Randi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there. I have had tinnitusinnitus for over 15 years and it's really getting worse. Ear doctors haven't got a clue what they are talking about... some say take nasal congestion pills, that will help. It's so confusing and my hearing ability has decreased so much as a result.

Really need support in this. For instance, does caffeine make it worse?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I'd avoid that, in a heartbeat. All that does is ramp up your nervous system and that can lead to stress/anxiety = spikes and louder tinnitus. I am not telling you what to do, but I'd never touch caffeine if it was up to me :)

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      An antihistamine and a nasil spray will help with any mucous and you can try steam inhalation.
      An up to date hearing test would be good if not had one.
      Love glynis

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Not just caffeine, there are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea or lacking enough REM sleep, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, sleep deprivation, etc. T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine (as you mention), MSG, alcohol etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc Some even report that taking away gluten or dairy from their diet reduces T. Tinnitus is just so complicated to figure out sometimes.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Randi
      Frustrated

Randi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Actually i am on a plant based diet. I don't eat sugar, carbs, pop, or gluten. So i doubt its the diet. I am beyond healthy. I don't take drugs of any kind, don't smoke and have a hearing test every year. They keep telling me that my hearing is getting worse, which of course it is as the tinnitus gets louder. Its beyond frustrating. My tinnitus has only gotten worse as i have aged. It is more pronounced end of day. Do others have this issue? I have the music on right now as i am typing this and i can still hear the drone in my head. Has anyone tried hearing aids? I have great problems hearing people talk at a party, or on the cell phone or on tv. Does hearing aids help with the tinnitus?

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      My hearing aids have given me my life back and from morning till night I totally forget I have sever bilateral tinnitus and menieres.
      Hope they help you too !
      Love glynis