New to This Condition

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheDwarf, Jun 26, 2016.

1. TheDwarf

TheDwarf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just got this condition early last month. I had my wisdom teeth taken out two weeks prior to onset, which I think is related, but the ENT says it isn't. The only medication I took was a few ibuprofen tablets spread out by several hours.

I'm making this post tonight because this is punishing me. Mine is in both of my ears and seems to fluctuate in intensity. Yesterday and today it has been pretty noisy and it's causing me to panic. It's throwing me for a loop because I took a shower about an hour ago and it seemed to stop totally. Then it came back again 30 min later. I'm just not sure what to do. I feel despair and like I'm trapped and can't escape.

I should also mention that I quit smoking 2 years ago. I started taking 4mg nicotine lozenges to curb the addiction and ive been on them ever since. This week I got the 2mg lozenges instead and I'm trying to quit completely, but it seems to have made things worse. I don't even know if the nicotine is causing it, but I'm trying to rule it out.

I never listen to loud music, or have ever had damage to my ears. I just feel hopeless right now. I went to sleep one night without tinnitus, and I woke up with it. Just looking for any type of advice you guys might have. Thanks in advance.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      I have just read your story and having your back teeth out could have cause a slight miss alignment and causing presure on your jaw and while asleep gritting your teeth unknowingly can add presure on the jaw.
      I have had a few problem for years but due to some resent dental work that now isn't the case .
      Antiinflamatory medication can also cause tinnitus .
      I would see your dentist again and tell him you might have TMJ since you had your teeth out and he could do a xray to see how your bite is now.
      Keep posting for support and let us know how you are doing....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheDwarf

TheDwarf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Going to the dentist tomorrow to have them check so I'll update then. Thank you.