New to Tinnitus — Trying to Deal With It All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cc09, Feb 8, 2015.

1. cc09

cc09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      january 1st 2015
      heya out there.
      I need help...I can't deal and Im scared. I woke up with Tinnitus on the first day of this year 2015. happy new years right? It was the result of taking 5 days worth of Wellbutrin and being the lucky 1 in 10k that has the irreversible side effect of "ringing in the ears." I went off the meds the minute it happened but then since then I have had 40 days of severe ringing which I suppose is never going to stop.
      I cry every day sometime 4 or 5 times. I hit my head just trying to make the ringing stop. I try to focus on my work but its unbearable, I can't sleep I can eat and my depression (ironic that the anti-depressant caused this!!) is worse. I look at my friend and get so jealous that they have peace in their ears.
      I don't know how to manage the noise in my head. I have been a person who cherishes silence and peace and quiet and to think I will never have this again is beyond comprehension. My whole life has changed.. I can't go into bars or resteraunts as it makes it worse I can't focus on projects and I have no energy . I am completely changed persona. I just hear this hissssssssssing even worse. Please some one tell me what helps !!

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome. First all, let me reassure you that your averse reactions to tinnitus is quite typical of most newer sufferers with intrusive T. If you have doubt about this, you can read up the success stories. There you will find that most people go through similar tough sufferings at the start. You are now at the new stage which unfortunately is also the toughest phase. Now your brain may be under the control of the limbic nerve and you funciton in fight or flight mode. Given time and with a good attitude, most people can exit this limbic nerve and your normal parasympathetic nerves will return. So don't lose heart and faith in the future. Give it time and learn some insights from others. Take care and God bless your recovery.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      @cc09 I got to agree with @billie48
      It takes a long time to get better, (I know that sounds bad, slowly).
      Don't worry about silence, few things in the world are silent. Rather grab that inter strength you have and take care of what's important for you - for your life to continue and thrive every day! Too many thing to do and not enough time. Stay busy, maybe it will help distract you from Tinnitus, which helps at first. If you have sleeping issues, see your doctor.

4. Ãlex68788998
      Confused

Ãlex68788998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-16-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a head cold
      I was just like you. I pray for this ringing to go away and I hope your goes to. I heard it takes at least one year to be determined chronic. There's still hope and I have hope. I'm bearly 15 and this happened to me but time will heal us both or at least make us adapt to the noice. Hope you get better and keep us updated if it gets better. Let God be with you

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cc09

cc09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      january 1st 2015
      Thank you all for your feedback and words of support. I am in a more positive space because of it!!
      Tomorrow I have my first appointment a ENT which I hope will give me more insight and next steps..bless...

• Genius Genius x 1
    6. Ãlex68788998
      Confused

Ãlex68788998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-16-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a head cold
      Hey did your T get better ?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cc09

cc09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      january 1st 2015
      Hey A still the same...just thinking positive I will be able to manage it all!

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Lever151
      Busy

Lever151 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral ear infection
      I'm really new too and in the same mental boat. I am able to get some peace and distraction throughout the day but night is scary. If I can do anything let me know. Not sure if it helps you, but I read Phillipians 4,4-9 in the bible. I'm just thanking God each day he helps me through and remain positive this will change. I've had a few dark nights too where my thoughts have scared me but then pray and think about things (mostly my 2 kids) and summon the strength to get those thoughts away. Dr put me on Xanax for the anxiety and meclyzibe to help with the ringing. The Xanax is helping me sleep as well as playing white noise on my iPad at night. (Hair dryer on YouTube is working for me. Keeping you as everyone with this in my prayers in hopes that we all wake up and God has removed this burden from us. God bless and feel free to reach out if you need to

• Like Like x 1
    9. Ãlex68788998
      Confused

Ãlex68788998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-16-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a head cold
      Well me and you still have our T early so we still have a chance of ours going away keep those fingers crossed :)

• Like Like x 1
    10. Lever151
      Busy

Lever151 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral ear infection
      Amen Alex, amen...and WHEN it goes away, i'm going to advocate for the people who suffer from this and do whatever I can to raise awareness...

• Creative Creative x 1
    11. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      I couldn't agree more. Had mine since end of November, and if it does go, no way am I walking away from this forum and people who need help. Any charity stuff I do in the future is going to Tinnitus sufferers or research.

• Like Like x 2
    12. Lever151
      Busy

Lever151 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral ear infection
      Amen Matt!! With so many suffering, not sure why it's not more in the spotlight...

• Like Like x 1
    13. Ãlex68788998
      Confused

Ãlex68788998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-16-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a head cold
      You are totally right. When this nightmare is over I'll stay in this site and help out others and when I get older I'll make sure to donate some money for research on this annoying symptom. Young but strong

• Like Like x 2