No More Noise... Sort of, for a While.

Discussion in 'Support' started by jocke, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      Ok, so about two hours ago I was going to a lake to swim.

On my way there I did not notice my tinnitus even with plugged ears. So I got a little bit confused if I was going to be released from the tinnitus. So as I was swimming and diving I could not hear my tinnitus.

But when I came home and got into my room it was quiet for about a minute then the tinnitus came back. It was louder on my left ear than on my right. I was confused because at the moment I came in to my room it was soo quiet then all of a sudden it came back.

Why did this happen I mean when I plugged my ears I could not hear any outside noise so it was gone for a while. I was about to write about it on the success story page:(.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I have been there before. It was 1997 and i was driving to my academy class and my tinnitus went away for 1 minute and i was almost in tears. It came back, at least i was able to not hear it for that 1 minute :)

It was amazing to not hear it even for that 1 minute, after it starting 9 years before.

Don't be discouraged, it's the nature of the beast and you shall be ok :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @fishbone okay thanks for the answer. I am not worried in any way I was a little bit happy about it since I don't know much about T I thought I might be on my way to recover from T but now I think I was only lucky.:)

But my hope is not over. I only had T for a week now so I have a chance to recover completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I hope you recover, no one should go through this garbage :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @fishbone that's true. I have learned a life long lesson. That I should take care of my hearing and be happy as long as I can hear my surroundings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      You have every chance, it was over a year before mine took a significant reduction.

7. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Hi Jason
      I recall you were having a pretty tough time in the beginning, then I hadn't seen you so much on the forum so presumed things things had improved?