Noise Induced Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Apolonia, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      Hello. I am new here. I have had a noise induced tinnitus since December 2017. It happened after a rock concert. I had ringing afterwards but this time it never stopped. I was also listening to loud music on my earbuds daily, so that contributed to my ear damage as well before the concert. I would say that the concert was the trigger for the entire system to fall apart. At first it was mostly in my right ear but now it is officially in both of my ears.

According to my audiogram,I don't have any hearing loss. It is normal, but I suppose that some damage did happen since I also got hyperacusis and suffer from earaches (probably hidden hearing). So, I informed myself and started taking all kinds of vitamins and I also take Betaserc.

For my earache and hyperacusis I take ginger. And I have to admit that ginger helped me A LOT in reducing hyperacusis bc after taking it (mostly drinking ginger tea) I started to better tolerate sounds and my pain went away.

However, I have to admit that it does make my tinnitus more active.....

I also stopped smoking and started eating more healthy. I still drink coffee though.

My tinnitus is still here but despite it changing a lot, my brain has finally "accepted" the sounds, so I can easily ignore it and I can only hear it either in a complete silence or when I look for it.

I would just like to know if there are in this group any opera singers that have the same problem? Is there a possibility of losing hearing after continuous opera singing since it is impossible to cover your ears with earplugs while singing(the sound comes from the inside, not the outside).
      I thank you in advance.

2. Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced and sinus infection
      You should avoid going to the loud places for at least a year, i have read so many cases in which their tinnitus increases because of their negligency,

I got mine from overusing of earphones at work places.

How is your tinnitus now any updates?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      Avoid loud places PERIOD!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ok...
      My tinnitus is Always the same... But I do have pressure in my inner ears and sometimes earaches... I am avoiding loud places and I wear earplugs when I need to.... I am well Informed about my condition but I was Just searching opera singers .... I guess there aren't any in Here...

5. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey apelonia,
      Avoiding loud places is indeed a good idea as said before. I would also recommend keychain earplugs incase you arrive in a loud place and can't leave that quickly, like these:
      e11e7b52c7514f4ea811e52185e50fe8-jpg.jpg
      Alpine Partyplugs
      Link to the site: https://www.alpinehearingprotection.com/earplugs/partyplug/

I btw don't think its possible to give yourself more T by singing really loudly. When im out at a loud nightclub shouting in people's ears (because I have to), I feel the overal sound is lower and my voice never feels that loud while talking. If I then take out my earplugs, I get blasted by the volume and I think that is way louder then with earplugs in anyway. I also never had any temporary T while wearing earplugs when out, and I went out a lot with earplugs while shouting on the dancefloor.
      Secondly my doctor told me its the higher frequency sounds which cause Tinnitus. I think those are blocked by the earplugs while you hear more of the lower frequency from the reverb while you talk or sing.
      Anyway thats my theory.

Does Betaserc do something for your T or H btw?

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tnx for the info... I don't think Betaserc helps. I am thinking of starting with ginkgo biloba....but, I truly hope some cures Will be available in 5 years... However,I have made peace with this.. I sometimes feel weird pressure in my inner ear that becomes stronger and I feel Like I won't be able to hear... IT is a frightening feeling....

7. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      No problem man. I am using gingo biloba, its a popular alternate medicine, max dosage is 900mg per day I read.
      Great to hear you can make peace with it man, I am really bad at that... If I really really can't change the volume to a lower amount within 3 months il accept it, somehow. But only if all else fails, or I would not forgive myself for it.
      If you where to have 'sudden hearing loss' that would be considered a very serious thing, my regular doctor said that Prednisone would definitely be given asap (the doctor refused to give it for 'just' some tinnitus). I hope you never get that.

Do you have any tips on 'making peace' with T?
      Im trying meditation to beat it, by not thinking about it, but for now with not that much effect. Masking it works for now thow.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    8. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      What are loud places. I dont go to cafes, bars, restaurants, etc and I still get spikes and damage, from ambulance, police sirens, fire alarms, and other stupid loud unexpected noise...god damn it, it so hard to live with this. I am disabled 27 year old.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1