Not Giving Up Yet, a Lot More Quiet Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jason37, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I understand that having tinnitus for more than 6 months is not great for a chance that it is going away... but as believing that it can greatly reduces my anxiety and worry, I am not resigning the possibility and belief that it is going to fade away.

Today I woke up and it is hard to hear in a quiet room...only pulses of electrical "zaps" are audible. I must plug my ears and listen for a while to "bring out" a tone.

I still have an unhealthy obsession with it and I have contacted a behavioral therapist for a first appointment.

I know I am fortunate not to have it worse but I need to learn how to accept it I think.

I know this post isn't helpful for most people, but as I said before this is the only place where it seems I can get advice and opinions without eye rolling.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Lost life
      Alone

Lost life Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo w/d noise/trauma ,stress,tmj,hearing loss
      do you have pulsatile tinnitus?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      acoustic trauma from gunshot....it is like a electrical pulse and a tone that comes out sometimes.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I have had a lot of low tinnitus days this past month and today seems impossibly low...almost as good as silence. I only catch it when I stop and listen.

Unbelievable that 2 days ago I was on edge like no other. If It stayed like this all the time I would be happy.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Even if your T gets louder, you have every reason to believe that eventually you are going to be fine.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 2
    6. JoyBenz007
      No Mood

JoyBenz007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don’t believe what they say, I believe that your tinnitus can go away after 1-2 years

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Me too...to many success stories of it happening not to believe it...especially from some of these vets who had a few years after all kinds of noise.