OK, I Know How Crazy This Sounds: DIY AM-101 Treatment with Ketamine

Discussion in 'Support' started by steinamo, Sep 25, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. steinamo
      Balanced

steinamo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Regarding the AM-101 treatment, they do a intratympanic injection to get close to the inner ear. Would it be hypothetically possible to get some ketamine, dilute it in some distilled water, run that baby through a neti pot and then force the water into your tympani by gently "blowing your nose" to get the water up your e-tube and let it hang out for a while? Would there be any benefit to this seemingly stupid idea?

• Like Like x 1
    2. steinamo
      Balanced

steinamo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      And if this is so radically stupid that you don't want people seeing it I'm happy to delete it.

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Well, AM-101 is actually esketamine in a gel. Ketamine vs esketamine may or may not matter, but, if you just blast some up there, it's going to be very rapidly absorbed and broken down -- AM-101's gel time releases over a more extended period.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      But if you want to send me some ketamine I will be happy to try this, you know, for science :-p

• Like Like x 1
    5. steinamo
      Balanced

steinamo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Haha, well it's worth a shot, isn't it?!?