One Year Tinnitus and Getting Much Better!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jose0964, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Jose0964
      Daring

Jose0964 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2015
      So hello everyone i have had tinnitus for over a year now and like most of you it was bad at the beginning i suffered from depression and anxiety and for the most part i was going insane. i wanted to kill my self because it just did not go away.... like most of everyone here i feared for the future i felt like there was no future until....

A very good friend invited me to church.. i was one of the people who did not believe a single thing the church said.. but that was because i did not knew the real church, some here know how bad my anxiety was and for how long i had been dealing with it.. i could not sleep at night, i felt like my chest was going to burst, and had the symptoms of a hearth attack every night thanks to anxiety, i was taking some pills to manage the anxiety and went out on walks every single day to distract my self from T (i was not doing so well) then this friend came along and invited me to church and i said to my self... why not what else is there to loose? @ weeks!! my anxiety and depression were gone!! i could sleep again like before and T was getting lower and lower and now one year later im having a normal and happy life again all thanks to my decision to follow God.

now i know some of you are thinking that this is a lie but i assure you this is not like i said people here know how bad i was and they have all seen the big change.

Praying to God every night is good but it means nothing if you dont follow him and stop sinning only by allowing him to enter your hearth can you truly find the help we all need on this life and no mater what people say i know he can and will help us all.

In other words we need to follow the doctors direction in order to get better instead of asking him and getting angry at him for not healing us. He is telling us how to be better but its up to us to follow the direction he left us and use the medicine the correct way. For the people that say i have prayed every night and nothing has happen keep in mind that its not only praying... its following hes teachings.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND DONT LOSE FAITH!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Thanks Jose. -- I've had T for just over a year and am doing much better as well.

About 6 months ago, I suggested turning to a higher power as part of habituating and people jumped all over me. -- It's more about bringing yourself peace-of-mind and knowing that you have much more to look forward too after our time is up (really helps with other daily stresses as well).

Take care and keep the faith! :)

• Like Like x 1
    3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      You didn't mention which God/church helped you.
      I mean there are lots of them out there and sinning has many interpretations depending on religion - you should be more specific.
      I'm not being rude or anything, just curious.

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jose0964
      Daring

Jose0964 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2015

there is only one God my friend i dont follow a religion i follow God but if you must know what church it was its Pentecosts. And no problem its ok to ask anything you need to know all answer :) God bless you

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @John Meyers
      'knowing that you have much more to look forward too after our time is up'
      what are you meaning by that?

6. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      I'm better too after one year, without the help of any god or church..

• Like Like x 4
    7. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Going to heaven.. :)

8. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If being delusional can help anyone I'm happy with that but will never understand how the mind can achieve that
      Maybe it's an unconscious reflex to avoid extreme mental pain
      And the influence of the socio-environment

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Oli that's kinda harsh.
      Doesn't really matter if its a delusion or a fairy tale. If it gets the job done, then you go with it.

10. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      God. I wish he exist.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jose0964
      Daring

Jose0964 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2015
      i assure you he exist and its almost here many people like me (in the past) do not believe in him but after many experiences with him i know for a fact he is real and he can help everyone not only here not only with t but with everything in our lives

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. NeoAnderson

NeoAnderson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What if GOD is TIME itself ? Think about it, the correlation of infinity and creation from nothing being possible only due to an infinite amount of time. Most people can't think in this way, or else they will feel, without an afterlife, being eternally nothing FOREVER will spike their anxiety into constant panic attacks. Well, welcome to world of smart people like me & Seth Macfarlane, who believe SO much that we really have 1 life ONLY, that they are so productive so 1 is enough. He is the highest paid writer because he holds this logic, and its the only way to temporarily stop insanity.

It's harder to deal with T & H when you realize that future humans will be living thousands of years old, never get T or cancer, have new cutting edge cryogenics, and we are nothing more than a link in the chain of evolution, born about 50-100 years too early. This is the root of most peoples anxiety, they may not even realize these thoughts exactly, I never hear it talked about, but just because time = god doesn't mean that you can't love time. Its just that time is so beyond your flesh and star dust essence, it designed a way to continue without directly caring about individuals existence, only the continuation of the entirety.

I'm sorry that there is no cure for death, no anxiety medicine will really help with this once you achieve this state of mind. I feel that T scares the smarter people here more because they know that the only life they have is ruined and there isn't anything after...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      God is a word so vague for the atheist people and rationals thinkers... it really can be any rule/all that govern the universe. This word, theologic and metaphysic, can stand to many interpretations to attribuate a logical meaning to it and it's not a empiric concept we can turn this like we want because it didn't point to anything specific (because there is no evidence that an individual consciouness called god that rule things exist)

14. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Nonetheless @NeoAnderson
      Your mental exercice/reflexion is quite interesting
      However can I point out that I find neo (the one) the only analogy of the matrix that didn't get to me because it can be compare to the christ one (savior)

15. nimx

nimx Member

I absolutely disagree with the word "smarter". I think "more rational" suits better what you mean. "Smart" is as vague as the word "God". There are many kind of intelligence, I can be rationally smart but emotionally immature, "usually" who is mainly rational lacks some emotional depth. In fact, successfull and happy people are mainly emotionally "smarter", they have much more control on emotional responses than "rationally smarter" people. Don't be fooled by the old belief that smarter people are more prone to depression, as stated in the largest and latest research ( on more than 6000 people if I recall correctly), smarter people (not just rationally smarter) are greatly protected from depression and subsequent health problems (just ask for link if interested). That said... God, faith, positive belief etc, can help both in emotional stability and with T and to be healthier and happier, science already confirmed this. Who has a strong pourpose and greater sense of life (which faith, in god but I guess it can be in anything else, is part of it) has usually better outcome in almost every aspect of life. Note that wester religiosity affects different part of the brain (mainly the reward/dopamine system, that's what latest research states) than eastern practice like meditation (which seem to impact mainly the default network and limbic system). So, believe in what you want, just give pourpose and sense to your life, and do some mind/body practice. Treat your mind just like you would treat your body, you would eat healthy food and make exercise because you know if you are sedentary and eat s*it your possibilities to get ill are much higher, well... that's the same for your mind, if you refuse any faith, any pourpose, if you endure any chronic stress in helplessness, and are pessimist and anxious and cynical (but "smarter" people prefer to name it "more realistic"), it's just your choice, no one will stop you from being free to do so, but just be aware that if you continue to give this kind of food to your mind, your chances to develop or worsen a psychological and/or neurological problem are much higher, but of course also physical problem if chronic stress is endured too long. Mind and body are not different entities , just like a chronic physical stress (i.e. pain) has neurological and then psychological impact, the other way around is absolutely true (i.e. psych issues , if gets worse and are not treated, can often give raise to chronic pain and, as well confirmed, it also promote chronic inflammation, usually a low grade one, which can trigger or promote physical illness, but also triggers many other neurological and endocrine mechanisms I won't list here).

16. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @nimx Totally agree with your statements, but how can someone proning rationality can also ignore it when it comes to faith? The mind just can't make it with this paradox. And would you say that being emotionaly intelligent request to turn a blind eye on certains things to better mental health? I suffer with mental illness since my chilhood but consider myself in knowledge of psychology and emotions better than my surroundings because of my interest to overcome it. Unfortunately I may be knowing what would be better for my health but can't make it happen. If I'm hard to read sorry english isn't my first language.

17. nimx

nimx Member

No problem, your english is alright, it isn't my first language too :)
      I guess that thinking and knowledge won't let you grasp anything about faith, the only way to "feel" faith, just like emotions, is thru experience. If you put thinking in it, they are technically sentiments, not emotions. Someone who didn't grow up feeling them could be lucky and curious enough to face (or brave enough, despite their most profound fears and beliefs, to put themselves in) the right circumstances to experience them. Some other just prefer to avoid any unfamiliar situation (if not painful).

Yes and No. We born "almost" like a blank paper. Our nervous system specializes based on what we feed it with. If you focus on (or, unfortunately have been exposed to) chronic stressors (fears, pains, poverty, lack of emotional care ecc ecc) most of your life (normal stressors, but not chronic, are usefull to train resilience), your nervous system will be specialized in spotting those threats and will develop accordingly, also chronic stress impairs brain development. So, while it sounds like like a load of b*lls*it , us by this time over-rationals cynical people, must put an effort to turn a blind eye if we want a chance to "feel" a change in the long run. Why such an effort ? Well... People who have emotional stability "could" know nothing about emotions, they just respond in a way which is absolutely natural to them because they grew up that way and their environment made it possible, it required no conscious effort. You would have a damn hard time if you would think about controlling every muscle you have to move your leg to walk if you never did it before, at least until it becomes automatic and out of your "thinking". Knowing is just not sufficient, not surprisingly not many people achieve a real change,if they do it takes a lot of time and experience.

I know what you mean, I had a breakdown a couple of years ago (and then my T started) and I grew up in a difficult "family", which probably took a toll on my emotional stability. Now I, just like you, could say that I know much more about emotions than most around me, and that helps, but as said above "knowing" about "emotions" is a paradox which is itself disfunctional.

18. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      Thanks for sharing Jose, I'm so glad for you!

19. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I would too that's nonsensical. If he actually did help you he would just get rid of the tinnitus.