Period = Needles of Sound in Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chezombie, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Chezombie
      Hurting

Chezombie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure, possibly 'research chemical' Benzodiazepine use.
      I got my period last night and apart from the horrendous pain that has me about ready to pass out, my tinnitus is awful.

I have not and will not ever 'habituate' to this constant noise, it's akin to fine needles of high pitched sound piercing into your skull all the time. How can anyone live with this? Silence is a basic human essential, how can you live without that basic right?. Everyone has the right to hear sounds when they choose, but they also have the right to sit in silence for some of the time too.

I know everyday noise cannot be avoided, and some noise, like music you like on a safe volume is enjoyable, but what about when you just want to be quiet?.

Since I got my mental faculties back after somehow surviving very high dose, practically cold turkey Benzo withdrawal from a 'legal high' Benzo, I have been wanting this silence more and more.

All I have today, right now, is pain, pain and noise. My life is about pain and noise now.

My husband told me the other day 'nobody can do anything about it, you have to live with it'. Well yeah, ok, but I'm at the point where I CAN'T live with it anymore. :(:(:(:(

I also hear sounds which are not there, whispers, hisses, clapping, laughing, children playing, sounds like brooms sweeping concrete, car engines, howling, whooping (like monkey noises) etc.

Also the numbness and symptoms on the right side of my body have been getting worse, and as they do, so does the constant noise in my right ear.

I am in so much pain right now I can't keep from crying, my whole body hurts so much, it feels like I'm being drawn and quartered, my insides are being ripped from my abdomen, that's what it feels like.

I've been up most of the night with it, pain woke me up at about 1am and my tinnitus has been gradually getting louder for the past three or so days. I didn't think it could get any louder. :(:(:(:(

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Chezombie
      Sorry to hear you are feeling so low.
      Firstly, I think it is somewhat normal to have an increase in tinnitus around the time your period is due. I know this happens to me.
      What is happening with your pain? Is it severe period pain or something else?
      Severe pain and loud tinnitus can certainly push one to the limit....
      Can you take something for the pain?
      What has been causing all the right sided symptoms, do you know?

3. SarahLynn

SarahLynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Aloha Chezombie,
      I’m so sorry for your pain, especially the increasing intensity.
      The auditory and phantom sounds I am also affilicted with.
      *sigh
      I think I’ve put up with this thing since o was 3, 4 years old and officially diagnosed at 6. My Dr. at the time tentatively thought it might be aspirin related, but who knows, right?

There are times it’s absent and I can hear clearly, get to sleep easier. But for the most part? Yeahhhh

I accidentally found this forum research piercings that might help me, your post, This one was one of several that came up.
      I so much sympathize with you
      Loves

4. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had my Tinnitus for about 6 months!
      I have noticed since I’ve had tinnitus, around my period time it gets louder and worse.
      I am so sorry about the pain you are going thru, we don’t know what people has to go thru until we have went thru with it ourselves.
      With my tinnitus I hear all types of sounds, hissing, clicking, static, loud loud high pitch ring! As high pitch as it can get!
      I’m one who have always loved my silence, and I went thru a stage of Sadness because I can no longer hear silence. I can hear my tinnitus over everything, and I still till this day have no idea what caused it.
      But it’s amazing what your body with time can get use too. Life is hard, but we have to keep fighting. Always stay positive, we can train our minds.
      I watched a documentary of a woman who lost all of her limbs due to a flesh eating bacteria and she learned to cope with having no arms and no legs, if she can learn to still live life to the fullest and learn to cope, so can I!
      Always try to read into positive posts, negative ones can make a negative mind.