Piracetam Worked for Me

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Robert Dinse, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Robert Dinse

Robert Dinse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Bcame noticable around 2000
      What worked for me is Piracetam. I originally started taking it for it's alleged cognitive benefits. I did not experience stellar improvements in cognitive function but what I noticed after I had been taking it for about three months is tinnitus faded away and lost high frequency hearing (8 Khz - 17 Khz) returned. After several years I stopped tinnitus returned, started again, tinnitus went away again but it took longer the second time.

It's cheapest to buy in a powder but a pain in the butt so I buy in 800mg capsules. It takes about 4800mg / day in three even doses of 1600mg each initially then about 1600mg/day total to maintain. I also take 300mg citicholine with piracetam to prevent racetam headaches.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Where did you heard that piracetam could help your T?

• Like Like x 1
    3. anniev

anniev Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      Can you tell me more about the two drugs you mentioned? Also, how does the first one work on cognitive dysfunction? Just looking for help.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've also seen many reports over the years of piracetam causing tinnitus, so be careful...

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Codaz

Codaz Member

I have spoken to a Belgian ENT and he asked immediately if I got piracetam. It isn't very much known. And not a lot of ENT's prescribe it.

6. Thereisnogod
      Suicidal

Thereisnogod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011 & 02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Let me guess, the OP will probably never be heard of again, what a surprise.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      I had one here asking me the same as well, not sure if I should take it though, since my T is already much lower on its own.

8. JurgenG
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Where have seen these reports?

9. summ
      Tired

summ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad cold/flu
      For me it helps to lower T a bit. Nothing substantial, but at least it works consistently.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Codaz

Codaz Member

I'm going to ask it again when I see him in february. There was no time today to address this.

11. JurgenG
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It pains me to see how hard it is to see an ENT elsewhere, here I can make one within a week if I want. Costing me almost nothing.

12. Codaz

Codaz Member

Well I'm seeying two in Belgium. Both in academic hospitals. And yes, they are contradictory in cause and outcome so one says A and the other says B. It's quite hard since they both do audiograms in a different way, both measure the ear pressure (tympanometry) in a different way. It seems there is no standardized protocol. Some hospitals measure hearing while the other ear gets a hiss and press a button, while others let you raise your hand to indicate in which ear you hear it when sounds are played.

The one I have in the Netherlands is quite bad at understanding what tinnitus means. She misjudged the situation getting worse after taking Medrol (big side effects) lost my phone number, and so on and so on. She even wrote an article in the ENT magazine that tinnitus patients just have to put a cd with bird sounds on and everything is solved. Totally idiotic since most of us really suffer. I told her about my TMJ therapy which I'm doing for years (and my T in my right ear lowered by 70%) and she just stared at me. While there have been over 3000 papers mentioning the tinnitus and TMJ relation. It seems that out of doc school they simply stop educating themselves. I'm so pissed off by that. And if you bring papers to the ENT office they will not listen as they say "oh have you been googling again, well I'm the doctor and you are not".

• Like Like x 1
    13. hans799

hans799 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Always had it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Baseline: born with it, Morse code since 01/2017: dentist
      In many Eastern EU states piracetam is standard fare for tinnitus. I don't say this as an endorsement of piracetam (our medical establishment is generally lagging compared to Western states), simply stating it as a fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Codaz

Codaz Member

After I heard my ENT saying "not scientifically proven" for Betaserc I said: but it could work. And she looked me int the eyes and knew I was serious. Few moments later the pharmacy prescription came out of the printer. It's so stinking bad that they keep falling back on "not scientifically proven" and just not try shit. Either with medrol, piracetam, HBOT, or else.

15. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing and now somatic T dental work
      • Like Like x 1
    16. hans799

hans799 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Always had it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Baseline: born with it, Morse code since 01/2017: dentist
      This is the first time I've heard of caroverine and I've done a LOT of research on tinnitus meds. And it seems to be an effective drug, according to the study quoted above. What gives? How is this not common knowledge?

• Like Like x 1