Please Help I Can't Do This Anymore!

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Aug 23, 2015.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      3 noises now!
      This is just too much!
      I'm not weak but this is impossible to live with:(

• Hug Hug x 7
    2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Give Trobalt a good go.

3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Please don't do anything drastic.

4. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Hang in there, theres love for all of us. We just cant be there.

5. NavsPH
      Lurking

NavsPH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meds
      I can't imagine enough how its like to be in your shoes now, but i hope you get through it. Sometimes mine gets too loud and it was difficult to live with but as time passes, thankfully my body adjust and i'm coping, same as the other gents and ladies here, some days are good some days are bad. Praying was, and still is right now, a very big part that got me through, I hope it will also be with you. Just so you'd know i'll be praying for you. God Bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Without any particular reason ? It may go away..Have you had all the possible medical check-ups to exclude other than ear related causes ? However bad it gets, please hang on. Autifony and other drugs to come will save us soon. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    7. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Hey I just got a new noise recently and know how painful it is. I am struggling too but we can make it through this. We don't know what is on the other side and it is NOT worth it. My heart is with you Valeri and just stand as strong as you can and rest.
      B

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about your suffering Valeri. I feel for you like others. T is known to morph and unpredictable. It is best we know this aspect of T. As others suggest, it may settle down and better days may be ahead. The body also needs time to adjust to the new sensation. Multi-tone T is quite common. The famous comedian David Letterman has 2 toned T 7/24 in 1996. Not sure if he has more tones since then. But life goes on for many people with multi-toned T. Cullen was known to have that when he still posts here. Try to be patient with your T and don't yield to the threatening voices of the mind. Like other say, the other side is a total unknown. Youtube has many videos of people trying to off themselves and coming back to say it is not a pretty picture on the other side. I had those thoughts too way back and decided to fight it and endure it instead. Hang in there. New drugs are on the horizon. Take care and God bless.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have three, sometimes four. Don't worry. Everyone has moments like that. You panic, but it will be ok. What do you enjoy doing? Any hobbies? Make some time to enjoy yourself. Even talking to someone (not messages on a computer) who will listen can shrink the boogie man down to size.

• Like Like x 1
    10. MichaelO
      Angelic

MichaelO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I understand. I have very bad days. Now I am focusing on hope that a treatment or cure is within reach. This hope keeps me going. I also use masking sounds to get me through the difficulty. Hang in there! Michael

11. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Same for me I also got standard 2 noises sometimes 3 or 4..... do not give up!!!!

12. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Play some type of MP3 player with classical music with some of your favorite songs mixed in and dont allow yourself in total silence to get some relief from the T that is bothering you. Play nature sounds at night to sleep with and talk to your MD or ENT to get some type of meds {xanax] 0.5 three times a day and perhaps ambien to sleep with until you get your emotions in more of a calm state. Take time for exercise to reduce adreniline that feeds T and try to get with friends, family and resume hobbies to keep your brain busy so you are not thinking about your T all the time. Stress feeds T go on youtube and check out julian cowan hill to see some light at the end of the tunnel.Take up tai chi or yoga both very relaxing for the mind. Try accupuncture for some relief. i can hear my T above the TV, when im driving, and the only time I dont hear it is in the shower. I have used almost all the above and am doing good and have partially habituated where I dont hear the T at all at times. Hope some of this info helps you!!!