Please Help Me! What Is Going On?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Justwannabefree, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Justwannabefree

Justwannabefree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A month ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It all started when I had one of the worst colds ever, my sinus was in such a bad, as it passed I was left with a very sore throat, one night I woke up with a very deafening tone in my right ear which remained at a constant volume,

The next day feeling somewhat silly I decided to go to A&E As I started to feel huge amounts of pressure in the right ear, after being seen by a doctor briefly I was told my eardrum has retracted and that it is very inflamed and that it looks to be ETD was sent on my way... so somewhat confused I then went to see my GP who had taken a look at my ear to then say it looks a little retracted no inflammation can be seen? After telling the GP my ear feels clogged as if it's heavy or being pushed in it wasn't affecting my hearing but I could now hear multiple tones that change in volume, I was given antibiotics and told that it could be a inner ear infection

42 antibiotics pills later no change, I now feel like I can hear the pressure in both ears like very soft change in hearing as if you're on a plane that just about to land and there's still a ringing in my right ear that's become subtle but enough for it to feel like I'm straining to hear it.

Am I going crazy, will this be forever, I've been so will powered to make it mind over matter but it was slowly making me depressed

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Justwannabefree ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      I would try steam inhalation and also take Sudefed to clear any mucous lingering around in your tubes and maybe a nose spray and see if that helps you.
      Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Justwannabefree

Justwannabefree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A month ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @glynis
      Thank you for your reply,
      I know it's hard to honestly say but dose this really in Any way sound like a case of ETD?
      i feel the moment anything mentioned about ringing in the ear to some one in a medically position don't really seem to care and to be told to "just deal with it"

Dose hearing multiple tones quietly mean anything?
      It's a battle I choose to not loose

4. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Try a nasal spray but use the spray the correct way.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could well be ETD.
      Love glynis

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Justwannabefree

Justwannabefree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A month ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just started using a Spray called Avamys feel I'm clutching at straws for a T Relief but prepared and willing to try anything I feel silly in some ways to moan about the T as it's only been shy of 3 weeks just wanted to have knowledge ans be able to attack the cause of it

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Did A and E offer any treatment?

Which antibiotics did your gp give you?

Have you been back to your gp for a review post your treatment? Maybe a tympanogram? That will tell you if you have a middle ear effusion.

I can understand how something like this will make you feel depressed. This doesn't necessarily mean 'forever' so don't panic. Give your ear a chance to heal, and reassess.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Justwannabefree

Justwannabefree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A month ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When I had gone A&E I was told to take some decongestant's and await to see my gp

my GP had given me amoxicillin as a means to treat or rule out a inner ear infection? She also mentioned she wasn't that concerned by the Tinnitus as I came stating symptoms of bad sinus,cold and sore throat,

I return to my GP in two day so time to be reviewed,

Only update I can give is that I'm hearing multiple tones in the right ear that seem to change in volume and now an overall sort of static sound in both as if a plane has just landed is this a sign of inner ear pressure? It's almost as if I can hear the pressure it's self I must sound crazy forgive me

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Justwannabefree

Justwannabefree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A month ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Also I still get this plugged feeling or that my ears are being pulled

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Justwannabefree

Justwannabefree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A month ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @DebInAustralia
      An update, I thought I'd give sudafed a try, it seems to take the ease of pressure building up, but it now feels like my hearing isn't on a filter and T is two tones which change in volume some times down to just one making a faint little whine, I woke up last night with one tone being dominant to point I didn't but sleep but seems to of died down again,

Long shot is this any sign of a recovery? Haha loosing hope ever so slowly