Please Stop Ringing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lillah50, Apr 27, 2017.

1. lillah50

lillah50 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      Tinnitus destroyed my life. I have menieres disease on top of that. I worked for a state facility for almost ten years and was terminated while on FMLA. My supervisors used to tease me saying I came to work drunk. I was out for a week getting Gentymicin injections in my ear. They would say I'm a liar that no one gets ear injections. I was fired and destitute.

What a struggle. I just cry a lot and stay in my room. Don't hardly go out. I live with my son and he takes care of me. I feel like I'm going crazy with the constant ringing in the ear.

Has anyone found any thing effective...please help me.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Are you in the US? They can't discriminate against you for having a disability. You should seek a disability lawyer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @lillah50
      I am so sorry to hear you are struggling with Meniere's disease, tinnitus in particular.

@glynis has lived with Meniere's for a while now, so I hope she can chime in with her advice.
      If you browse the Treatment and Alternative Treatment sections of this website, you'll find a whole host of things that people have tried. Unfortunately there's not one size fits all in respect of this, but you might get lucky and find something that helps you.
      What helps most people is getting a good night sleep, using sound therapy / masking and maybe some counselling or an anti-depressant if your mood is really bad.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Menieres is hard and I remember my early years well.
      Medication can help a little.
      Gent injections destruct your middle ear so I assume your hearing is poor now and your eyes take over from your ears regarding balance ?

• Like Like x 2
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I am very sorry to hear of your circumstances and what you have been through @lillah50 Not just the tinnitus and meniers which goes without saying, but the ridicule and lack of respect shown by your supervisors at your previous place of employment. I fully agree with @The Red Viper and think you should seek legal advice for wrongful dismissal. If you still have doctors reports about your medical condition at the time I think you have good case.

Hope you start to feel better soon.
      All the best
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lillah50

lillah50 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      I have and because of the racism no one would help me. It happened in 2009. I wrote the senator, governor ton's of people but no one will help me. I didn't even know I was terminated until I received a phone call from my union rep and she did nothing. The ringing NEVER stops. I stay in my room everyday and just deal with it. It's part of my life so I just cry cry cry. The attorneys that I did get were scared of the government except for one. She took my money didn't follow through and dragged it on pretending that she was doing stuff. I'm CHRONICALLY depressed. If I didn't have my son I would not be here. who wants to live like this. I'm not rich so no doctor has an answer. I just deal.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lillah50

lillah50 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      politics, they all stick together. It's horrible how people treat the disabled. When I was terminated I had 4 different termination dates. I was a liability to the state but I came to work and did my job. A lot of nepotism went on. I was due for a promotion and didn't get it. I was written up for things I didn't due. These are adults that were teasing me about my condition. When I lost my job I was also blacklisted and my unemployment was taken away after 10 months. The only reason I wasn't suicidal is because my son was young and I didn't want to leave him. I have no purpose. I just take A LOT of unisom to help me sleep. I go to sleep with it and wake up with it.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lillah50

lillah50 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      also when I started working for the state the tinnitus was very low, easy to deal with. I was happy and my life was going very well. I never experienced racism before so when I was getting teased and constant write ups, it took me a while but I realized they didn't promote African Americans. All of the harassment and torture took a toll on my health. After 9.2 years they just terminated me for no reason. That is when the tinnitus got REALLY loud, due to the stress I also developed type 2 diabetes. As of now I have no energy, the ringing is driving me crazy. I took out a life insurance policy so that when I do go my son will be fine financially. The tinnitus just took over my life. I tried every thing. Changed my diet, low sodium, no sodium, meditation, light exercise, but nothing works. I just want you guys to know that you are not alone. I also keep an upset stomach like a sour stomach, cleaned out my system but it's still here. It's horrible. I'm always in the dark. The state got away with it. There's nothing I can do but pray it goes away.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lillah50

lillah50 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      Thanks to everyone that wishes me well. Also, you have to vest 10 years with the state in order to get a pension. They terminated me 9.2 years so I have no pension. I never knew evil existed until I started working with the state. I loved my job. I worked with developmental disabled adults and I could relate to them because I'm disabled. It's funny because the consumers would attack a lot of staff but they NEVER attacked me. They would by pass me and attack staff. They felt my positive energy and they knew I was genuine. I keep that within and sometimes that make me smile. Since I was terminated a nurse that just retired told me that when I left a lot of consumers passed away. I just pray because they were mistreated but I can sleep at night knowing that I loved them and they loved me. As far as the Tinnitus goes, it's here and wont go away.