Poll: Do You Use Noise-Cancelling Headphones?

Discussion in 'Support' started by dfw, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Do you use noise cancelling headphones?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. dfw
      Cool

dfw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sports arena
      I will share my experience and the research I have done regarding this subject, hopefully this will shed some light and help some people understand these valuable resources.
      While I will not and cannot comment to replace any medical or individual advice, I will point out what’s worked for me.

I have owned Bose for years, recently upgrading from over-ear QC25 to QC35. While I understand these are not considered protection in acoustic trauma situations, I firmly believe they offer protection from loud events. I use them when flying, dining in restaurants that maintain a dB of over 85, events that maintain levels over 85, when outside jogging or walking, or in a warehouse/construction type situation where sudden noises are likely to occur. I have read studies showing dB reduction of 13-17, so I feel comfortable wearing them in these type of environments, without any spikes in my tinnitus.

I usually play pink noise, except when walking or in air travel. Understanding air travel on SW 700 series runs about 75-85, throughout and their 800 series run about 5 less, so my use is as much the music. AA runs similar, although their levels are much more based on aircraft and seat selection.

As far as the music directly to my ear space, I never have volume levels above 40% of my iPad or iPhone. I find these much more comfortable than ear plugs and due to wanting to keep outside sounds coming in, I will not totally block out sounds with these in their normal mode. I’m also careful to not «overuse »them for this exact reason. Depriving the mind of outside sounds, definitely makes sound sensitivity much worse.

I hope this helps anyone questioning the use of these. I love mine before and after my new friend.

I would also like to point out for any newer people that « it does get better ». I have mostly great days now, although there are always the bad days thrown in. I just have to get back to my practices of yoga, exercise, meditation, massage, calming my nervous system down. I can tell when I have missed these.

« To the Good Days—-They are out there waiting on you, please join us!! »

• Like Like x 1