Pre-Departure Potential

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mal, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Mal
      Wishful

Mal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cinema speakers
      Hi people,

Please skip this reading, if you are prone to become affected by depressive posts, because this is one of them (I'm sorry, it's the consequence of being dead honest, and I need to be that for my question).

I have now given it almost two years since onset, and I have every day had to choose between agony or departure. I have so far chosen agony, because I loved life so much before onset, because of the people close to me, and because of the slight hope of a future cure, so I could be born anew.

Since I'm a victim of noise induced tinnitus, I have searched and exhausted all potential ways to get into the AM-101, but mainly because I am from Denmark, I have failed. The rules won't allow me, and the Danish system doesn't care.

My decision to make a departure crawls up on me, and I am therefore getting to a point, where I have nothing to lose. Now to my two question:

Would my new state of not having anything to lose open any (potentially risky) doors (tinnitus experiments or other potential help)?

Are there _any_ other creative ideas out there, that would enable me to receive a treatment as described in the AM-101 trial? I'm open to any suggestions, and I can also be reached at maltinnitus@gmail.com.

Thanks,
      Mal

2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      What about retigabine?
      Any chance you can get it?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mal
      Wishful

Mal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cinema speakers
      @valeri I haven't read about that drug before, but I would love to try it out. Do you think there is a chance, that a GP/ENT would prescribe that?

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      It cant hurt to ask your Gp about retigabine. have a look at the threads on tt regarding it.

5. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Show him your departure letter and he will probably prescribe it or send you to somebody that could...

6. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @dan
      If he shows a departure letter, they may prescribe retigabine
      or they will put him in a mental hospital and fill him full of drugs that will make it worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mal
      Wishful

Mal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cinema speakers
      @DebInAustralia
      @dan
      Ok, thanks guys, I will try it out. Of course with no expectations for an outcome.

I'm not very fond of using doctors for more than a gateway to drugs/treatments. They are usually trying to distract my attention from getting to a better state by redirecting me to a counselor/psychologist, who can help me with my "depression". I become frustrated everytime they trust their own advise better than my wish, and they disrespect the fact, that I have dedicated the last two years to find out, how I potentially could get better.

It's sad, because my once so empathic person gets chopped down bit by bit after each defeat at these health instances. And when I enter the doctor's door, I can't help but have expectations, that the doctor will have sympathy for my situation, and I end up disappointed. Of course a doctor can't just have a sympathy with a guy, he knows for half an hour, and he is also in a rush to take care of his responsibilities (and the doctors here in Denmark are already overbooked).

These two years of being a T victim has taught me, that what I actually seek, is something like this forum. If this forum could also prescribe drugs & treatments, it would be an optimal instance to take care of tinnitus victims. Empathy and understanding is crucial for us, and we can't just put our trust in a "cold" doctor's, where a lot of other nasty motives play in (ex. my last ENT was busy spending time talking about his new startup, where I could seek help). It just doesn't work.

@amandine
      You wrote your message, while I wrote mine. I think that we managed to describe the same sad truth.