Prednisone or NAC After Noise Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bertman, Jul 20, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      Hey, Sorry for starting a new thread about my spike but I just want to have as many responses as possible. Today I plan on getting either prednisone or Nac for my recent spike after noise trauma. But I don't know which one I should ask for. Is one more effective than the other in this situation (spike was around 48 hours ago) or can both be taken together? etc.

I am extremely anxious and angry with myself for the situation I put myself in so I'm willing to try pretty much anything for the ring to go back down to where it was before, which was slightly mild. I know this isn't helping me but thats just how I am. For some background info I only recently developed T about 2.5 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance!

2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Prednisone. As far as I know NAC is a supplement that is available without a prescription.

3. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      Thanks, Do you know if it is safe to take both together?

4. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      I have no idea.

5. Frederico_23

Frederico_23 Member

try to protect your ears in this starting phase of you tinnitus. especially if it was triggered by an acoustic trauma