Pseudoephedrine Makes Tinnitus Louder, Why?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Strife_84, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      I have noticed that pseudoephedrine does increase the volume of my tinnitus.

Does it have to do something with cochlear blood flow?

I am pretty sure this sound in my head is blood flow related even if I got hearing damage.

-exercise increases tinnitus
      -pseudoephedrine increases tinnitus
      -sitting, standing etc. lowers or increases tinnitus
      -I have noticed when I look at phone my tinnitus gets usually louder (head downwards)
      -stretching my neck lowers tinnitus for a moment.

Just trying to figure this out...

2. SashaG
      Alone

SashaG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MRI, Stress - recovered after 4 years
      My doctor said, that if we are stressed out, the blood flow can become a bit crippled. If we consider that music is very important for us and that we understandably freak out over nothing in regards to our hearing, we might have had a setback by noise, but it was much more severe than for someone not involved with music, due the massive fear of losing our job.

After we heard the noise for the first time, we might have become more "sensitive" too, maybe we do indeed have an issue with our jaws or muscles and it just wasn´t noticeable before, but now under the high stress level, it is.

Of course, it can also be a bit of an issue with the nerval system, I noticed that if I don´t think about my contractions in the ear, they are gone.

I went for a walk this morning, came back and felt great. Now that I did lay down for an hour, it´s louder again too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      This is interesting read:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3834207/

"In this study, we have validated that the cochlea has a reduction in blood flow due to LSE. Both DOMAG and LDF determined that there is a reduction in CoBF of ~30% and ~10%, respectively."

So I am guessing, my T alters a lot because of blood flow in my ear... I don't know. I can hear the stuff inside my head better than before. Even if I eat I can hear better when my teeth touch each other than before. So my internal sounds are amplified.

But ears are still messed up. Stretching makes it switch sides...running makes it switch sides. Listening makes it switch sides :D