Pulsatile Tinnitus — Are We Just Monitoring Our Blood Flow Too Closely?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ian Mc, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Ian Mc

Ian Mc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown Pulsatile Tinnitus
      Hi, I'm keen to hear if anyone thinks that I / some of us may be watching "too closely" and may be tuning in to the normal sound of blood moving through our carotids etc.

It's just a thought, I personally became aware of a couple of heartbeat sounds in my left ear and from there I googled "heartbeat in ear" and came up with all sorts of scary things. I now find that I am "constantly" focused on my left ear and hearing the heartbeat. When I'm totally occupied I have no awareness of it at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Ian Mc That may due to a change in blood pressure. Some don't hear PT when standing up - only when moving head to side, bending and extending head forward. Some don't hear PT after eating. All of this - no awareness from being occupied, not hearing it when standing up and not hearing it after eating - is often due to blood pressure levels and/or from increased blood sugar levels. Often it's a neck artery - the carotid artery. This can be an age issue or/and from bad posture, rounded shoulders and pre issues before a neck injury.

• Informative Informative x 2
    3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Hi Greg, just wanted to wish you luck with surgery etc.
      Hoping you get some much needed relief.

Daniel

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mc

Ian Mc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown Pulsatile Tinnitus
      Thanks Greg, I am booked in for an ultrasound of the carotids, in the meantime I am listening out for the heartbeat in my left ear (honestly, I have become obsessed with this...!).

• Informative Informative x 1