Pulsatile Tinnitus After Perforation/Rupture of the Eardrum

Discussion in 'Support' started by EllieRose, Jul 12, 2019.

1. EllieRose

EllieRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Complicated
      I recently had surgery to fix my constant ear infections, hearing and the perforations in my eardrum. The surgery went fine until a week or so after and I kept getting pains in my ear at night and watery discharge.

I was taking regular painkillers for it and I thought that it was normal until a few days after I woke up with ringing in my ears like the sound of my pulse. I did some quick research online and figured that I may have pulsatile tinnitus because of a suspected rupture/perforation due to this infection, or maybe the graft to fix my eardrum didn't work?

It hasn't gone away and it is constant all day long. If my eardrum fixes itself will it go away, or if I have surgery do you think it should go away?

I don't want to be stuck like this forever, I am only young and it drives me up the walls however I am slightly getting used to it.

I have never had any problems like this before. What do you think?

2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      It could be your eardrum. A perforated eardrum may fix itself, but depends on the kind of perforation, if it is a small thing or the thing is just destroyed like curtains totally cut and hanging in rags. You should go to an ENT who can look at it, and also you could see by yourself if the ENT uses a camera.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      EllieRose

EllieRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Complicated
      I have a checkup for how my surgery went in a week or so and I will bring it up when I'm there, I'm just worried about if my tinnitus will go away or not. Thank you for the reply :)

• Like Like x 1