Quarrel with My Father Using High Tones. Shouts.

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Sep 10, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Greetings. Forgive me for the same type of questions. But yesterday I quarreled with my father because of a trifle.

We talked in high tones, shouted while in a small room. My father has a very piercing voice. It lasted 5-7 minutes.

Could this significantly affect the inner ear and tinnitus? I immediately took a dose of NAC.

But today I'm depressed and I'm afraid of embarrassment.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In my experience, things like that lead to a temporary spike lasting from 3 days to more than a month. However, anything is possible.

Next time, you might consider leaving the room as soon as you hear the first shout that sounds uncomfortably loud to you. You might also attempt to explain to your dad the seriousness of your condition, and how he is kind of risking losing his son over something stupid.

Is it easy to get prednisone in Russia? I am not advising that you take prednisone after that shouting match, but it is certainly nice to have it, just in case.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Yes. I have a pack of prednisolone at home. Get it easily without a prescription. But while I decided to get by with NAC, vitamin C, and benzodiazepine Phenazepam for the night .. Talking to him is pointless. How much Db is a loud human speech?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma