Quiet Keyboard and Mouse for People with Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dij111, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      Hey guys,

Do you have any recommendations for quiet keyboard and mouse that don't irritate the ears?

I bought the Logitech M330 mouse recently and its been working wonders, don't really like that it is wireless though, gets de-synced from time to time.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      I don't know how sensitive you are, but the slimmer keyboards are a bit quieter in general I think? Those that are almost completely flat? I myself use a laptop, so I'm afraid I can't give you any specific examples though. Good luck!

3. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes, Island Style Keyboard is the term for slimmer keyboards I think. Most. if not all laptops have these.

4. JonL

JonL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      • Like Like x 1
    5. victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      This is the thread what I've hoped for. Typical membrane keyboards would be absolutely endurable save the ones that tries to imitate an mechanical keyboards. I really wanted to have mechamical keyboards but I just gave up.

As for the mouse, it seemes that every mouse that can be seen in a store is extremely clicky and loud. So I use the logitech G1 which they stopped producing many years ago. It's such an awesome mouse for its quietness and the way it feels when you grip it. Many people would still remember this one.

• Informative Informative x 1