Raging Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by teresa, Oct 23, 2013.

1. teresa

teresa Guest

hi ,i am 53 years old female .i have had T since 2008 ,at first i wished i was dead over time it lowered and i hardly noticed it.recently my dr prescribed lustral due to menopausal depression.within 3 days my T was raging like never before.The pitch has slightly lowered .now praying it will quieten down.

2. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Hello Teresa, welcome to this wonderful forum. Are you still on the meds? If possible, chuck them and try gettin out of the depression yourself. I'm hoping/guessing the increase in your T is temporary. Keep us updated on your progress. (y)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      teresa

teresa Guest

HI and thanks for welcome.Stopped meds and thinking about T ,stopped depression lol.i noticed the pitch is lower .i have a tumble dryer on at the moment but can still hear T .

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Do you have it in both the ears or just one? You can go through this forum for a tremendous amount of good information regarding tinnitus. You can even ask around people with similar conditions like yours for better information regarding your T.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      teresa

teresa Guest

Hi,i just have T in the right ear.I have seen ent and had brain scan,no abnormal results.I do have hearing loss and probably will need hearing aid.It started in 2008.i had travelled to India 3 times that year,9 hour flight from uk.I had vertigo .which suddenly went away.I also had giardia ,parasitical infection on my return in the june of 2008.i had 2 course of very strong anti biotics.My T started about sept of that year.so could be any reason it started.I hope it will calm over time as it did before.

6. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      It certainly will! I hope so too. Just take care of your health. Get your hearing checked and get the hearing aid if the ENT says so. Many have mentioned that getting a hearing aid helps the T, as it increases hearing and decreases the perception of your T. The spike in your T could be the effect of hormonal changes, so it may go away after a while. Hang in there. Good luck! :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      teresa

teresa Guest

8. Paulsouless

Paulsouless Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known
      Omg just joined really at my lowest had t 2006 managed until July 2017 now beating me up badly I have two children seven twins with autism Ellie caught leukaemia at three, tinnitus stayed in background but now really taking over waited 6 months referral to be given leaflets and sent home