Really Tough Week... So Loud!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Luvkitties, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Luvkitties
      Gloomy

Luvkitties Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do Not Know
      I I I am hseesee

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Luvkitties
      Gloomy

Luvkitties Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do Not Know
      I am having such a hard time this past week......very high pitch with chirping....getting fewer and fewer good days. It attacks me so hard that I even get swelling around my eyes. I look so horrible I don't want to leave house. I am on anti-anxiety drugs but they don't seem to help. If I fall asleep for a few minutes it wakes me up screaming.....I read the brain cycles and when you sleep the cycle changes and that ups my T to an unbearable point. Now I have a fear of taking a nap during the day because it gets worse. I read other people are starting to cope and I feel like it's getting worse. Should I see a psychiatrist? Days like today when it is unbearable all I think about is selling my stuff, finding a home for my kitties and checking out. This is no way to live especially since I was such a healthy active person who never in a million years thought something so awful could find me.

3. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Im sorry you are going thru this crap. I have the same thoughts your having. Have you tried buying a sound machine? The sound of rain really helps me sleep.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Luvkitties
      Gloomy

Luvkitties Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do Not Know
      Yes, I have a sound machine....but the high pitch goes right over it. In fact with the sound machine and the T together is too irritating.....I take meds to sleep so I can usually sleep through the night but during the day if I happen to nod off watching tv......it kicks in twice as loud when I wake up. It usually is fairly low when I wake up in the AM but as soon as I am up and around it kicks in......it is still giving me a few days of low buzzing but only for two days a week at the most.

5. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @Luvkitties
      I am relatively new to T, so can't advise you too much, but know exactly how you feel. I have read that short naps can increase T. There are many wise experienced people on here who will definitely support you through this journey. Their advice has helped me lots. In the meantime check out the success stories, they certainly show how there's light at the end of the tunnel, although it takes time. Also try https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172
      Regards Phil

6. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      I so know how you feel. I long for peace and quiet. Naps screw me up as well. Give this a try. Its running shower water but at a higher pitch.
      Sound therapy for tinnitus 2Hr shower water

• Like Like x 3
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could be allergy related if your eyes swell up...might be worth trying antihistamines .......lots of love glynis

8. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      @Luvkitties

Sent you a pm a couple of days ago to answer one of your questions. Did you get it?

9. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      That's exactly the way I am. I used to love my Sunday afternoon naps. Lie around on the couch, reading a book, dozing off with the warmth of the sun filtering in. Can't. Do. That. Anymore. The tinnitus turns into a high-pitched trilling and rattling sound, I can't even describe it.

You're still early into the tinnitus, not even three months. Don't set goals as to when you'll be habituated. Take your own sweet time about it. When you think about "checking out," think also about doing something for the critters. Maybe volunteer to take a shelter dog for a walk every day. And whether you realize it or not, your kitties will miss you a lot.

That's pretty good, believe it or not, at this early stage. As time goes on, you'll probably have two bad days a week at the most, and the rest will be very tolerable. Think of it as a bad tooth that keeps flaring up but you can't have it pulled, so you just put up with it.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      I also have given up on naps. I use to take a 10 minute nap, before going out for a night of partying. Not anymore. Naps and awakening from REM sleep at night, makes my T scream for 1/2 hour, before going back to it's normal & annoying, high pitch hissing. Life use to be so simple, before T. }:-[

11. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Yeah, my sleep is so bad I'm starting to get ill and depressed.Being using a sleep efficiency app and the results are disturbing to say the least :eek:. All I want is :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

12. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      truesilence Love the name. I really miss the sound of NOTHING!

• Agree Agree x 1