Really Worried. Please Help. Blocked Middle Ear??

Discussion in 'Support' started by Colleen123, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Colleen123

Colleen123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For around 4 years ive had crackling in both my ears when i swallow, yawn etc. Ive had no ear issues in my life. I do suffer from migraines.

2 days ago i started to get a dull ache in my right ear and then the tinnitus started.

I went to the doctors yesterday who told me my ear drum isnt flat like most peoples. Its coned shaped. She said i have blocked inner ear which is why im feeling like i do.

She told me to go home and inhale salt water steam twice a day for 3 days.

My question is....is this really going to help? What is actually wrong with me and will this tinnitus be permanent?

Thanks

Just want to add...prior to this the ear crackling has caused me no issues what so ever.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Colleen.
      Steam inhalation works great to unblock your tubes from and unwanted mucous and should help but get your ears checked again in a few days to see if your ear drum looks better as they can alter in shape and check you might need drops.
      Steam inhalation for me and olive oil drops in your eara are the first point of action and a good MOT for your ears....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Colleen123

Colleen123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thankyou. X Do you think il be left with tinnitus once they are back to normal?

4. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It should settle so give it time.
      .....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Colleen123

Colleen123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Any glimmer of hope is what i need. Its only been 48hours. I know i cannot live with this if it continues.

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It's very early days for you and as every chance in going away once your ears have settled.
      Try to relax and be calm as tinnitus can cause anxiety and the anxiety can increase your tinnitus and soon have you with a low mood as emotions take hold.
      Stay positive it will settle down in a few days as I'm sure it will....lots of love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    7. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Colleen123