Recent Turned Up Volume!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kat Tracy, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Kat Tracy

Kat Tracy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Awaiting diagnosis next week
      Hello,
      I’m Kat, 60 yrs old from Northern Calif. I have experienced low level tinnitus for 25 yrs that’s most likely caused by TMJ and anxiety I put on myself. 2 weeks ago the tinnitus volume turned up to extra loud.

I’m recently retired, suffered from panic attacks several years, started anxiety meds a month ago and recently took 10 days of serious amoxicillin/Tylenol for a first time strep throat.

After being off all meds (I didn’t like the Zoloft and Ativan and ingested all amoxicillin meds) for 4 days, in the middle of sleeping, the vol suddenly turned up and has not gone away for two weeks. I had a hearing test 2 days ago, apparently I am borderline as far as wearing a hearing aid and my inner ears appear clear. The Audiologist suggested TMJ or meds are causing the volume turn up. On Monday I see the ENT Doc for his diagnosis.

The T really sets off my panic so I restarted the anxiety meds. When reading about tinnitus, I find I fit many categories. Anxiety, age, meds, TMJ.

I’ll post again after ENT Doc diagnosis on Monday. I need to thank ALL of you as I am grateful for your kind and candid posts and support. You have greatly helped ease my anxiety.

Question: Do any of you suffer from Vertigo as well?

Until then, wishing all of you low tinnitus volume and anxiety free days. k

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kat Tracy

Kat Tracy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Awaiting diagnosis next week
      Hello, To follow up on my earlier note, I saw an ENT who was not a TMJ/T expert. I am now referred to a TMJ expert in the next few weeks and UCSF T clinic for help dealing with T symptons. I’m taking Zoloft and it’s helping, I went off Ativan, too big of a drug for my taste. Since my anxiety has lessened the T seems a bit better OR am I becoming accustomed to it? At night it’s still the worst. May I suggest, I bought a sound machine off Amazon. Greatly helps at night! You should try it. The sound it makes is simalar to hearing forced air home heating/air conditioning only louder. It is a lower tone than the blasted ringing in my ears and I find it very comforting. $60 for the machine totally worth it! Best to you all, thank you for your support and advise re night meds. x

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum and thank you for your positive update. Not sure why you asked the above question as your post didn't mention that you have vertigo together with tinnitus.

Yes I have suffered vertigo once but it has nothing to do with tinnitus. It is the BPPV type of vertigo not Meniere's related. Luckily I followed an exercise from youtube called the 'Half sommersaut maneuver' and the vertigo was cured in one round of exercise. For vertigo from Meniere's, our notable member @glynis has dealt with that and her experience may help you if you have Meniere's disease.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Kat Tracy ,
      Lovely to hear you are doing better.
      I love reading about members coping better and here for members having a tough time.
      love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1