Restored Hearing

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by ralph j begley, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. ralph j begley

ralph j begley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dr. Nagler, great idea. This the filter for which I've been looking.
      Restored Hearing, an Irish firm, claims success with their sound therapy, retraining cochlear hairs with a specific sound. No clinicals as yet. Relief appears to be temporary. Any insights?

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Glad you like the idea, Ralph. But it's a collaborative effort. Hopefully it will fly!

I nosed around their website a bit and saw this: "Using sound, our therapy stimulates the inner ear to promote the re-straightening of the cochlear hairs that get bent or even broken when they are subjected to high intensity sound."

To me, that sounds like a nice concept in theory, but one that likely will not pan out in practice. I cannot get excited about what amounts to CPR for hair cells as a purported treatment for chronic intrusive tinnitus.

I could be wrong, of course, but in the absence of reliable and independently verifiable studies, I would not spend any of my hard-earned dollars, pesos, quid, Euros, kroner, shekels, whatever on it.

Dr. Stephen Nagler