Richard C.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Richard Cummings, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Richard Cummings

Richard Cummings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hi my name is Richard. Over the last few months I have been getting low frequency generator type noise in both my ears. I actually thought someone in the neighbourhood had a generator going but went outside and walked around the streets and found nothing. I thought something in the house like the fridge was causing the noise but it was not. Sometimes now the low frequency noise is almost unbearable. Does anyone have a treatment or similar condition and know what might help?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum,Richard. Your story at the beginning of mistaking the tinnitus sound as something from outside reminds me of David Letterman talking about how he found out his tinnitus. He has both a low hum and a high pitched eeeeee... type of ringing. I provide below a link of his discussion of tinnitus with William Shatner. He seems to have handled his tinnitus ringing well.

David Letterman with William Shatner - March,...

Also, if there is not enough response here, you can do a search on 'low hum' and there should be plenty prior discussions on low humming tinnitus. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1