Right Ear Drum Fluttering for Days Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by Telis, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I have had this on and off in the past....a couple of hours here and there. Now it seems to be lasting for days at a time. It feels as though the ear is plugged as well,like I need to equalize the pressure.

Does anyone find anything that helps besides reducing stress? I can't link it to stress, I am very stressed with tinnitus but even through relative calm moments, it just keeps fluttering around. I have noticed in the morning when I stretch, this seems to act as a trigger.

Also...I have tried listening to soft music on headphone, this does not seem to help.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thx

2. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      i have TTTS aswell but the fluttering in my ears is gone for 95% i only experience the muscle tighting when i drive my car and sometimes loud unexpected sounds i still have a numbess cheek and tight neck though
      how i get ride of my fluttering drum i do TRT and use promagnor 450 mg each day (magnesium) it got much better the last month i hope it continue

3. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @Telis do you still get the ear spasms? I been having them for 4 months magnesium has helped a little but I want a permanent cure any tips?

4. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Mine was coming and going for a couple years before I figured it out. I almost thought I had it figured out at one point, I remember turning on one side or another as I laid in bed, and it would change. That led to the obvious - I was covering my ear. So I discovered that sounds, even the faint sound of the fridge running would trigger it. So I simply put cotton in my ear for a few days and it goes away, until something (usually too much sugar, of all things) brings it back. I discovered this about 10 years ago. And if it starts up tonight, I'll do the same thing, stick the cotton in. Instant relief. Works for me.

5. Chelles
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Mine isn't brought on by noise it's mostly brought on by a burp or yawn even if I stretch. If I put my finger in my ear I cant feel it but once I take it out it comes back.

6. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Weird. Mine is made worse by burping yawning stretching too. And the finger in the ear helps quiet it but then come right back when you take the finger out.
      I tried the cotton last night. It worked better than foam earplugs but didn't get rid of it like IWLM did

7. Chelles
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @SleeplessSoul sounds like we have very similar ear problems do you have hearing loss? My doctor said I dont