Ringing in my head...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MattK, Mar 19, 2014.

1. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Hello, my name is Matt. I've had tinnitus for a little over a month now. It was a very rough start for me for the first two weeks, but since then, I've gotten to a point where it doesn't bother me so much that it gives me anxiety anymore.

My tinnitus seemed to have come out of nowhere, and for no apparent reason that I can think of. One moment I am just in my living room on the laptop, and the next moment, I am hearing a strange ringing. At first it definitely seemed to be a high pitched sound coming from my right ear, but then it changed to a high pitched wavering sound that seems to be in my head... and it's hard to tell where it is coming from. Sometimes I definitely hear it in my right ear, but most of the time it is in my head. I've already been to an ENT, and he said my ears looked fine, and the audiologist there said my hearing was perfect. So the ENT said that this pretty much rules out any inner-ear problems or anything major...

Anyway, I'm sort of stuck now because I don't know what else to do. It's also frustrating not knowing what caused it or whether or not it could be avoided. My dentists says that my impacted wisdom teeth might be causing it, but he didn't know for sure.

So what is the gist of how we approach tinnitus? Do we keep trying to figure out how to fix it or do we essentially just learn to cope with it? Has anyone had any success at all?

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
    3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      You posted under the Pulsatile Tinnitus/Introduce Yourself section.

I moved your thread under Tinnitus/Introduce Yourself.

You didn't mention anything about pulsatile tinnitus in your post, so I take it this move was appropriate?

Welcome to the forum!

Markku

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Thanks, I didn't realize that there were different sections like that... I'm still getting used to the forums. I'm not sure what type of tinnitus I have, but I'm taking it that Sound Wave believes that it is somatic tinnitus?