Saying Hi — Getting the Better of Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rightleft22, Jan 4, 2017.

1. rightleft22

rightleft22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to noise
      I've had Tinnitus for the past 13 years
      When it first started it took me six months to come to terms with however in the last few weeks its starting to get the better of me. So far none of my tricks are working

I'm getting very tired

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi rightleft22,

Welcome to the site!

Have you been exposed to loud noise trauma, been ill, been on an airplane, taken medication, or any other possible reason that would precipitate a spike?

Have you seen an ENT recently? It may be a good idea also to get your hearing checked. Perhaps hearing aid(s) could help you. Good luck!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rightleft22

rightleft22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to noise
      thanks for the welcome
      Yes to all the above. Its just discouraging. I had hope that after 13 years the options for dealing with this condition would have moved further.

My history suggests it will take me three weeks of acceptance mediation to move past the new level.
      Today I'm moping

But to be honest
      I know that this condition will always be a part of my experience for the second have of life... and I can invision a day when it will be to much for me

4. squareface
      Balanced

squareface Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      life
      Has anything happened that has made it get worse recently?

5. Scottrock
      Fine

Scottrock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly ear infection or loud music
      If you have endured it for 13 years you are tougher than you might believe, so hang in there (easier said than done I know), get an ENT to check you out and in the meantime do what ever you have to in coping.
      Let's hope it is a spike that will reduce in volume to a tolerable one again! And keep seeking help from the good people on this site. I have got some relief today from using the Neuromonics Alleviate app during what has been an awful spike! Take care

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rightleft22

rightleft22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to noise
      Funny story
      during lunch at work I was looking into link I saw on the forum www.audionotch.com/app/tune/
      the tool lets you find the frequency and volume of the tinnitus ringing your hearing

I had headphones on but a few minutes in I had people looking around the room for the sound. Without the head phones i heard nothing and with them on the sound matched to what I hear all the time so I didn't think others would be bothered.

My colleges told me to stop it, I apologizes and told them that sound is what I hear all the time. Most looked at me as if I was crazy, some were sympathetic but most were just pissed at me .

People that don't know don't know

7. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @rightleft22 people have no clue how hard T is on us ..its mentally and physically exhausting.
      I went back on Clonazepam and it calmed my T down quite a bit ..but its not a long term solution
      hang in there man
      stay strong
      Carlos

• Like Like x 1