Short Whistle in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Giovanni, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Giovanni
      Insomnious

Giovanni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Woke up one morning.
      So I have normal tinnitus and I've almost habituated to the noise to the point where it doesn't even bother me! :) but this morning I was in church and I heard a whistle that went from my ear to my head, and it bothered me more than my normal T. Please help, it happens whenever I watch TV or am just playing a game or listening to the radio in the car.

2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      That strange area of sound between the mids and highs really bothers me. Like you, TV, radio etc... "Little speaker" sounds get me. I have a cheap little radio/CD player in my bedroom that's really tinny sounding and actually stirs up my H. I only go to church occasionally because the preacher wears a microphone that's dialed in in that mid/high area plus it bounces off the hard walls unlike the higher frequencies and drives me batty. The sound I'm talking about is a strong mid leaning toward high. Like if you turned all the bass and half the treble off your car stereo ...... AGHH !!!!! That's a killer to me.

3. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      This is another dimension of your T that you have to learn to live with (and take measures). Some sounds/freqs can send it into a whirl. It's nothing to be afraid of; and it sounds like you have done very well with your T thus far. Just press on and learn a new aspect of your T. For example, I have reactive T so I expect it to go up in noisy environments; I can take measures to lessen the impact or simply get used to it (I've done the later because I know it will calm down after I leave the environment -- so I no longer react to it). It wasn't that way in the beginning, though, I did the 'freak out' during my first year of T.

Mark