Should I Stop Using TinnitusTalk and Other Forums?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MarmiteKFC, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      So I have mild tinnitus and I am just wondering if I should stay off this website to let it heal?

Because I heard that if you focus on tinnitus and are over obsessed it's going to make it stick?

Is that correct and should I stay away from TinnitusTalk?

2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      If the correct answer is yes then by definition there shouldn't be any replies.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I made a bunch of posts, but now great I am now anxious about it all over. I

am 14 and yeah and I am just scared that this Tinnitus will be permanent. I got tinnitus from dance class and they played music really loud, I now quitted dance class and now when I am in quiet places I heard noise in my right ear, sometimes for a minute or seconds it's all silent.

A couple of days I was calm and yeah, I also went to the doctor. They pulled out some paper because I used it as ear plugs and yeah. Then I went to the university hospital the doctor said that it will go in 1-2 weeks and yeah. I know that it will go, but I am so anxious and I am afraid that I will have it forever. I tried to be calm and now I am just fucking pissed at that fucking dance class for giving me this. Will it ever go away for me man!

Honestly how do I handle anxiety and is there any tips on how to prevent tinnitus to make it less worse? Should I stop using TinnitusTalk and be on my life? Its honestly driving me nuts and I don't want to be anxious or it will be worse. Will my noise induced tinnitus ever go away for me? I am 14 and I now use ear plugs will it go away? Sorry for this and I know that you guys aren't god or a doctor and tell me it. But do you think it will go away?

4. Luuk

Luuk Guest

I think it might be best for you judging from the threads you started. Don't worry about it too much it will only make things worst. I am at 2 months with T now and I am already finding it easier to cope with. Things will get better trust me.

5. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      You will go through ups and downs. But to answer your question, you will find most people post here a great deal after onset and then disappear into the sunset.. Have they got better, habituated. I don't know! Being here at times does make you think about it - thats forsure.

6. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      And learn about it. There's more here than you'll get from any Medical practitioner. Really though Marmite, you need to find your own perspective, and keep in mind that everyone's suffering/survival/success is a unique story that's theirs alone. Don't internalize the traumas of others expressed here as necessarily being representative of what your own possibilities may be. Learn a bit, commiserate a bit, offer your own views where it would help, but don't live on here.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      So I should completly avoid this website and stop researching tinnitus and live on with my life?

8. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Yes. Bye

9. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes you should, unless you want to read the success stories. Then, you will see that other people have tinnitus and get on with their lives. I know that I will post things when I am feeling really anxious about it, but I am not freaking out about it all the time. They say that most people who post on sites like this are worst case scenarios or very anxious about their condition and I think that is true here too. There is no reason to think that your mild case will get worse or ruin your life. You just need to work on relaxing. Everything is going to be ok. People post things that they think worked for them but there really is no proving whether or not those things actually helped. There really is nothing for you to gain here unless you are just looking for support. You would probably be better off not reading any more about it for now. Get some rest. That will help.