Silence Bothers Me Very Badly

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travisquinnn, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Travisquinnn

Travisquinnn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moving
      hey guys I've always had a little ring in my ear in complete silence very easy to ignore tho.

Anyways I moved to Colorado back in may 2016 from Florida and one day I woke up with a noise in my right ear kinda like wind blowing in my ear and I huge tinnitus spike. Went to the doctors and had a massive wax build up from five years (could barely hear), they cleaned my ears out and I could hear again but the wind sound wouldn't go away.

I moved back to Florida in August and noticed when I would pop my right ear by force the humming would stop and my tinnitus would calm down a little bit. Fast forward to now I still do the same thing for the humming but the tinnitus still screams no matter what I do :( and it's not to bad when the fan is going or if there is some kind of sound going on. But if I go in a bathroom or in a car that's not started (complete silence) my ears ring so loud that my ears start to feel full and I get almost dizzy feeling... can any explain what is going on and why it gets so loud in silence?

I don't even like going over to people's houses cause if they got a quiet house I have to go outside because my ears will get that full feeling and start screaming like a reeeeeeeeeeee kinda sound.

2. Kibakiru
      Creative

Kibakiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 28 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown | PT: Unknown
      Many of us can't sit in silence for the simple fact that when there's a lack of noise, our brain focuses on the only noise that is audible to it; our tinnitus. Just like how our tinnitus is louder to us when we stick our fingers in our ears. I can't stand being in dead silence because my tinnitus (I have both pulsatile (a pulsing 'voo voo voo' wind in my ear) and regular) is like a dog whistle 10x and a dentist drill on its fastest speed; as well as a static in my head. I'm pretty sensitive to noise so that's a factor as well.

I don't know about many others but I often get dizzy as well (though there's consideration that my tinnitus may be due to sinusitis and generally bad congestion(I can't eat very well and have lost a ton of weight because of it)). My ears pop a lot and are often 'full' too, as well as head pressure.

If you haven't been to an ENT, consider setting an appointment up with one to see if there's anything that your GP can't see themselves. There are a lot of causes behind tinnitus and dizziness so it's always better to get checked out to see if there's something you can do about it or, at the very least, find ways to cope with it (medication and such).

Hopefully somebody on the forums will be of better help to you. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I find silence a problem with both sounds and masking them a real problem but at least its some distraction from my sounds....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1