Slightly Muffled Hearing During Cold

Discussion in 'Support' started by meemil, Mar 3, 2020.

1. meemil

meemil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/genetic
      Hi,

So I'm 2nd day in to a slight cold. Not a big deal, just a bit sore throat, cough and fatigue. However, I've been very stressed of my ears recently and just noticed that my right ear feels slightly more muffled compared to left.

I checked out with a phone app and noticed that over 13 kHz my right ear goes quiet where my left hears fine. I've tested this before and had no problems.

I also don't feel that my eustachian tube is blocked as I can pop it just fine. No recent noise exposure either and stopped using headphones last month.

Could this still be just middle ear things? Really don't want to get on prednisone tbh.

Cheers.

2. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      Could be. From what I've heard, many people notice an increase in symptoms when they have a cold. You could still have some congestion somewhere. My suggestion is give it a few days and if it doesn't improve, see a doctor. They won't be able to do much but they can see what's going on.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meemil

meemil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/genetic
      Thanks for the reply! Yeah, maybe it was just that. Thankfully it got back to normal this morning.

• Like Like x 1