Snake Wanted to Go Out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Atlantis, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014

• Funny Funny x 2
    2. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Look at the size and capability of that amazing animal. Why would anyone choose to keep it imprisoned in a tank anyway? I reckon it should be illegal, just like keeping a human being locked in a small bathroom would be. What kind of life is that? No wonder it will risk death to escape! :(

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      It certainly isn't a native British snake....?python.

All I can say is go, Snakey, go.

Fungus.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. del
      Tired

del Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012-2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea.
      Snake care is serious bussiness. That babe should have a really large place to settle in. Also, look how pretty it is! :3///

5. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Because stupidity knows no bounds. Look at what those Argentinians did to the tiny dolphin, passing it around to take selfies. The poor creature was so traumatized it died.

I actually got into an online argument on another forum because I said the dolphin was traumatized and died from being manhandled, and the person arguing with me said I wasn't a marine biologist and so I had no basis to make such a statement. :banghead:

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/nation-world/world/article61101817.html

DOLPHIN.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      That is incredibly sad. Kind of makes me ashamed of being human. Well done for making the argument, but sadly many people are just not able to face reality.

This video below landed in my inbox yesterday - it makes the point that what happened to the snake and the dolphin is completely in keeping with how humanity routinely treats other beings.

Juliet visits a typical British pig farm

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      I can't watch the video. It literally tears me apart emotionally to see animals mistreated. I like to think that if humans stay on Earth long enough, that eventually it will be widely acknowledged that animals are sentient beings and deserve humane treatment, even if they are being used as a food source. They enjoy the warmth of the sun on their bodies as much as we do, the pleasure of eating good food, the comforting touch of their mothers.

My neighbor and I were just discussing how only a couple centuries ago it was "common knowledge" that animals don't feel pain. We've got a long way to go before animals are free from abuse, but hopefully we'll get there. In the meantime, the best we can do is to treat domestic animals with kindness whenever given the opportunity. For the wild animals, I would like to see more respect for their right to survive and play whatever role they were designed for in the ecosystem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. del
      Tired

del Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012-2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea.
      Same... I had to scroll past, sadly we are the most dangerous species on earth :C and often the dumbest...

• Agree Agree x 3
    9. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      As you can probably guess, I have sheep. Before I had sheep, though I liked them and thought they were sentient beings, I thought they were probably rather dull and skittish. I believed all would be of a fairly similar nature, varying only in size and colour (much like an intelligent extra-terrestrial might view the human race). NOT SO.

Having had sheep for 10 years now, I can say flock behaviour can be pretty stupid (much like mobs of humans, especially after too much to drink). Individually they have very distinct personalities, varying intelligence, and are bright and very cable of learning. They can remember over 40 faces and voices (sheep or human), respond to their names, love petting, can interpret human emotion and can remember who was kind to them etc.

Needless to say my little flock have long and easy lives and are contented and calm.

The dolphin incident above is appalling, What right do we have to behave in a manner such as this? The dolphin is almost certainly more intelligent than us.......grrrrrrrrrrr.

Fungus

• Like Like x 1
    10. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Wow! I didn't know that. There are sheep in a pasture nearby where I live, and now I will see them in a totally different light.

:woot: