Soft Music and Dancing — Now Ear Fullness, Hissing, Itching

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fire2Flowers, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Fire2Flowers
      Balanced

Fire2Flowers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 17th, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Generalized Anxiety Disorder
      I was listening to soft music (no headphones or earbuds) and I was dancing around my room, but then I got a fullness in my ears and hissing! Usually these things last for five to ten seconds, but this one has been going on for five minutes and I can't make it go away!

I put some ear drops inside, and that apparently made it worse! It itches, the sounds are fluctuating between my left and my right and now I have a sharp pain.

Is this what "spike" is like? What did I do wrong?

2. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      Hey,

Keep calm; this can happen for no real reason : the drops might have been just too cold and you are focused on your ear sensation which make the sharp pain.
      Try relaxation, try to focus on other part of your body, and listen to soft music again, don't be focus on the hissing and the fullness. It will pass, you will take magnesium if you have, or just relax and get a good night of sleep, and tomorrow it will be okay, if it's not already okay before.

Don't worry too much, this usually just make things worst by putting all your attention on it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fire2Flowers
      Balanced

Fire2Flowers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 17th, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Generalized Anxiety Disorder
      Thank you, Gabriel. Anxiety can be a savage, as I'm starting to learn. I'm worried that even the softest of music or noise will continue to damage my hearing, making tinnitus worse. I guess that shouldn't be causing problems, as opposed to stress. It's calming down as I type this, and I think my "spike" is over.

4. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      Soft music can't make it worse. Actually 4 months after my tinnitus started, I went to a bar where the music was so loud I couldn't talk to people in their ear.
      I had whistle during two days, but it went away and my tinnitus was not worse.

I am not saying you should not protect your ears, BUT you should DEFINITELY not over protect them. It will just make you over sensitive on sounds, and paranoid.
      You can listen to soft music, to everyday sounds. You can go out, in train, or heavy places, if it's not too long.

The only thing is, as before having tinnitus, you should protect your ear for concert and stuff.

Your spike will pass and everything will fade away, if you are confident it will, and relax.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Kell

Kell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      front row indoor concert-in front of speaker
      I recently read something re: itching in the ears, tinnitus, fullness and it was about Eustachian Tube Obstruction, which I am going to go to an ENT finally and see if there is any correlation between something like that and my clogged esophagus - it would be a miracle if it was but even if something could HELP...

6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I like your profile picture, haha.. clever!