Some Antidepressants Linked to Dementia Risk

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by attheedgeofscience, Apr 27, 2018.

1. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      As the title indicates, a recent publication suggests a possible link (cause) between certain antidepressants and dementia. A causal relationship hasn't been proven due to the study design, so it remains a correlation at this point. The report has been noted by several of the major media outlets, but for some reason, none of them provided the link to the actual research. However, I believe the publication in question is this one.

Since the study implicates drugs such as Amitriptyline and Paroxetine – not uncommonly prescribed medications for depression – it might be worth a review for some people.

The mentioned study follows in the slipstream of another major study published in The Lancet which proves that antidepressants really do work.

• Informative Informative x 4
    2. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
      I believe benadryl and other common allergy drugs are also implicated.

3. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Why Benadryl?

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      what's wrong with dementia? My dad had early onset dementia and he was cool with losing his job and life and being put into a nursing home and having his ass wiped by nursing home workers for 6 years and spoon fed mechanically processed food. Thank God my step mother tricked hospice into putting him to sleep (aka death) with morphine, even though he didn't even have dementia and she was actually poisoning him to begin with. I know this because she actually got caught poisoning him by the nursing home staff but luckily for her, she is deeply involved with the occult and her brother/lawyer is a freemason so she had a way to divert any legal scrutiny against her because the courts are infested with freemasons. That sounds absolutely crazy doesn't it?

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
      Because it blocks a neurotransmitter acetylcholine. How this leads to an increased risk in dementia, I don't know.

• Informative Informative x 2
    6. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Oh well that's me screwed. If I don't die of tinnitus first, yes DIE, I will probably die of dementia... brought on by ADs and probably tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1