Someone Please Help! So Confused!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Melodygrayson, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Melodygrayson
      Panicky

Melodygrayson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi everyone,

Not sure if I'm doing this right, so I hope someone comes across this. I've had tinnitus for a while now - a little over a year I think, but in the last few months it has gotten so much worse, I can hear it constantly over everything I do - what is worse is that it is now accompanied by a pulsating feeling at the back of my neck and a low humming/rumbling noise. Sometimes the pulses feel so strong my vision goes a bit funny.

I also never used to get dizziness but recently I've been experiencing it when I lie down in bed at night, and when I stand up after sitting the pulsing noise/humming becomes almost unbearable for a few moments. Sometimes it makes me feel a bit sick.

Occasionally I'll tip my head back or to the side or something and the ringing suddenly becomes super high pitched ! It is a lot stronger in my right ear. I have been to the ENT and I have had an MRI but it came back clear - the doctors are quite unhelpful and I still don't really know what is happening or how to ease this. I'm not sure how to deal with it or what to do next, but it's starting to really affect my life and make me super anxious.

I don't even know if this is normal for tinnitus or if I should be concerned about something else. Any help would be much appreciated ! Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Pumpkin2005a
      Scared

Pumpkin2005a Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am in kind of a similar boat as you. Honestly I am thinking about asking my primary care doc for a referral to a neurologist. That is going to be my next step. I have screeching in my ears 24/7 and a weird pulse/twitching above my right ear. sometimes it hurts or feel cramps and full of pressure in my head.

3. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      See an otoneurologist

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Melodygrayson
      Panicky

Melodygrayson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It sounds as though I should do that then ! I do sometimes feel as though it might be something to do with my nerves or something, Thanks !

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try Cinnarazine or Proclorperazine to help the dizzyness.
      You could have had a touch of labrynthitus effecting your balance and tinnitus but keep pushing for help off your doctor if does not settle down...lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Melodygrayson
      Panicky

Melodygrayson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown