Soo Loud I Cannot Hear and a Busy Day Ahead... Nervous

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mand b, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      So my tinnitus has been bad recently some days better managed than others. Today though its raging I can hardly hear over it. Does anyone else experience hearing difficulty because of tinnitus? I mean when its super loud. Its always been the case for me especially only hearing out of 1 ear anyway. I am in a Menieres diagnosis dilemma at the moment and not sure as yet if its that but I do get dizziness but not vertigo. The symptoms don't always interlink they can come fully seperate ie I had no tinnitus for 2 years but still on and off dizziness it only flared from pregnancy like my first but I misscarried in Sept last year. I have been through this hell before in 2011/2012 after the birth for around 18 months then for no reason it stopped for 2 years. So I do have faith it will calm down but these spikes that last days or weeks are hard going along with dizziness combined I just do not know how to cope. I think I am more frustrated by it overpowering my hearing. I am run down and to top it off I have an afternoon at Disney on Ice with my daughter and although I was looking forward to it, I am not now because of the spike and worrying how the noise levels will affect me. I do wear a filtered ear plug though. I feel bad because I cannot let me daughter down over this I have to go. Wish me luck in getting through today :-( x

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mand b,
      Tinnitus and Menieres can be tough going and the hearing loss with it and hearing fluctuation through a spike .
      The dizziness can interfear with concentration and we have to push extra hard to focus on what is going on.
      I definatly would push for better control over the dizziness of your medication does not help.

Good luck and hope a bad day turns in a better one for you with your daughter today......lots of love glynis x

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis how are you? Thats the thing I do not feel I have hearing loss its weird I know but my hearing is only ever reduced when tinnitus is loud if its there and mild I hear okay. Its because people will talk and I hear the tinnitus before I hear them. Strange because soon as it calms down I hear fine. Even over 2 years my hearing was normal so I do think its tinnitus and not hearing loss as why didn't it reduce in those 2 years? Why did I only start to hear less again once it flared up. Audiology said they see individuals with 2 working ears and some say their tinnitus is soo loud they cannot hear properly over it. Ahh I think if I had one symptom or the other it would be better handled but today having a blend of it all is draining. Well hopefully I will be getting a hearing aid this month to help hear over tinnitus when its bad like today but only a low level one Audiology suggested with a combined WNG. How is your dizziness episodes? Do you have them daily?x

4. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mandy b,
      I only get dizzy and vertigo attacks when my menieres flairs up and if get a virus that effects my head and ears.
      Having a good spell at the moment but In on prednisone for a 5week treatment as lungs have been a problem.
      I have about 8-9 more days on them left to take then off the things hopefully but my lungs might have other ideas as playing up still.
      My hearing goes worse when ears are loud but my duel purpose hearing aids help .
      Have a lovely day with your daughter ,wish I was going with you....lots of love glynis xxx

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Aww thanks Glynis. Its hard to smile right now I try to carry on as normal for my daughter but I feel like a failure because I can't give her the old normal me and I feel even more worse when I struggle to hear what shes saying during these bad times. I feel nervous about today as my heads not great either and I would love to just stay home and feel sorry for myself lol. Oh so you only get dizzy or vertigo when you have episodes? See my dizziness isn't vertigo but its a daily occurence it feels that way anyway. I have read about Prednisone being taken for Menieres symptoms to and helps to calm them down. Are these safe to take? As I wonder if its something I could ask to try. Or an anti viral maybe. I guess for you your lungs is more of a problem and worry so Menieres sometimes must take a back seat so to speak. I am glad your finally having a good break from Menieres symptoms. I just need a good remission period to live a little normal for a while. x

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Prednisalone is only given to me for my lungs as its a nasty medication to stay on long term as can really cause other health issues and damage your bones and damadge your imunity to infections,wait gain and give you a moon face.

I would definatly push for better control over your daily dizziness....lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Aww thanks Glynis. Its hard to smile right now I try to carry on as normal for my daughter but I feel like a failure because I can't give her the old normal me and I feel even more worse when I struggle to hear what shes saying during these bad times. I feel nervous about today as my heads not great either and I would love to just stay home and feel sorry for myself lol. Oh so you only get dizzy or vertigo when you have episodes? See my dizziness isn't vertigo but its a daily occurence it feels that way anyway. I have read about Prednisone being taken for Menieres symptoms to and helps to calm them down. Are these safe to take? As I wonder if its something I could ask to try. Or an anti viral maybe. I guess for you your lungs is more of a problem and worry so Menieres sometimes must take a back seat so to speak. I am glad your finally having a good break from Menieres symptoms. I just need a good remission period to live a little normal for a while.