Spikes in My New House

Discussion in 'Support' started by whale, Jul 19, 2016.

1. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      The oddest thing is I get this crazy high pitched pulsating spike whenever I go into my bedroom. It only pulsates or goes to the high of a pitch in my bedroom. Nobody of course hears anything odd. I got a sound meter and the sound level is the same as other rooms. fan, sound machine, nothing works, in this room its can't be masked or habituated. Other rooms there could be an hour or two of habituation but in this room it a pulsating "10" every minute I'm in there, no matter what. I'll wake up like that too? what could be going on?

2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Allergy maybe? I know when my grass is cut I pulse badly.

3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Lead paint?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no, I had that checked

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @whale,

Do you have a smart meter (power company box) on the outside of your house, on the bedroom side? I've heard of other people who have problems with smart meters. I think you'll find some other posts about smart meters on this forum.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I do have a smart meter out my bedroom wall. how odd would that be? I contact the power company to remove it. it will cost me $90 down and $10 to have a dumb meter. I let you know if that does anything.

• Like Like x 2
    7. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Whale

I would explain your problem with the meter being too close to your bedroom due to heath reasons that you just want them to relocate away from your bedroom not replace it. I bet that they would do that for free. I would be firm on the how it's effecting your health.

Good Luck

Louie

Quietatnight

8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @whale,

Please post again after the smart meter is removed (or relocated), and let us know if it has made any difference in your tinnitus.

Good luck!
      Karen

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Smart meter removal didnt work. also my T is 24/y now.

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      it's probably not very rational or reasonable to try to do something like actually assess the EMF in the environment with a (good) EMF meter, but that would at least be a lot less "whack a mole" than just replacing equipment left and right. You can get a good meter for about $3-400 on Amazon, and in general you can return it after a month if you don't need it on an ongoing basis.

this isn't actually very likely; there's no real evidence suggesting that smart meters have any deleterious effects on health, so in general power co's will do the absolute minimum they're required by law to do. This is one of my pet issues and I have researched it somewhat extensively; if your power company is simply willing to let you replace the meter on your own dime, they are being more accommodating than a number of utilities I could mention. That said, I'm personally open to the idea that there may be more widespread biological effects of EMFs across the board than we really understand at this time, but trying to connect them to any particular person or condition is a total boondoggle. The amount of EM radiation in the environment has gone up by hundreds or thousands of times in the past 100 years, and smart meters are a tiny part of that.

11. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      I will tell you an interesting story about EMF...I used to have some Computer Sales & Repair stores in the Chicago land area. And when I tried to open my third store that I had just did a complete build out from wall to wall on in a small shopping center. I discovered that it was impossible to build or even work on any Computers in that location. I finally narrowed the problem down to the electricity that was running in the store. I had the electric company come in to find out what was going on, and they ran a bunch of test's. And found out that the mG’s were 20 X higher then it should have been in the center of the store, right under my desk in the office, talk about scary, good thing I wasn't planing on having any kids at the time LOL . On Further investigation they found a break in the conduit that was running through the cement floor. It was causing an open ground and spewing out very high levels of EMF. I ended up having to break the lease and move to another location. I even had replace both of the bathrooms, the loss was in the thousands of dollars. So yes I know first hand about the dangers of EMF. Take it seriously. If you suspect a problem, find out what it is and correct it. That's my advice.

Good Luck

Louie

Quietatnight

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus: