Still Here After 1.5 Months...

Discussion in 'Support' started by RobO, Jan 14, 2017.

1. RobO
      Wishful

RobO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Dear all,

It's been a rough 1.5 month coming to terms with this... "condition." Honestly, I still had a hope of it going away after seeing the doctor who said it was more likely to go away than not. Don't ask me what he based that on but he gave me false hope with his 90% sure it will go away talk. I asked him to send me to an ENT, but he said there was no base to send me if I did not have the T for at least 1.5 months. At least the hyperacusis seems to have gone away thank god.

It has been going up and down some days I don't hear it at all, but at the moment I can't sleep because of it. High pitch ringing and whooshing sounds constantly. I sometimes get these pressure feelings in my ear as well as crackling noises behind my eardrum and muscle spasms in my ear... or so it feels.

What do you guys do to fall asleep I have tried masking it but it doesn't really seem to work for me if I don't feel tired already.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I take Nortryptaline 50mg to help me sleep and reduced my tinnitus also.
      Today though my tinnitus has spiked megga and really emotional day..lots of love glynis

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I play music on my phone at night for an hour.
      Have you checked this out? https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

4. nj78

nj78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Asymmetric hearing loss
      I am also at 1.5 months now. Initially, just as you I had hope that T would go away again, but coming to terms with the fact now that it won't. Most days I can deal with it pretty well, my T is still relatively mild. On a few days though, the whole why me and what will it do to my life thinking had gotten to me down and mildly depressed.

Try taking some Melatonin, it works great for me. I take 5 mg about 30 minutes before going to bed, and it usually knocks me out fairly quickly.